• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Knockout Stages

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Portugal been much more impressive than Spain so far. Spain just seem to be all mouth and no trosuers, play pretty football without any real end-result. Still better than the ****e that England have been playing, but they don't look like WC winners at all.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
New Zealand, Pakistan and South Africa were probably relishing being in a Super 8 group with an England side who lost to the West Indies and struggled against Ireland before the match was rained off.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish. The two hallmarks of a champion side are turning it on when it matters most, and being able to win games despite playing poorly.

Spain so far have done the latter. Do the former, and they'll be hard to stop.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England going to win the world cup then? Can tell that it is what you really want to say.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Lost to Switzerland, a team that managed one point against Chile and Honduras.
Switzerland withstanding,

Beat the second worst side in the tournament in Honduras 2-0.
Looked bloody impressive doing it. Could have been six or ateseven goals. Lots of chances created.

Beat a Chile side 2-1 who comprehensively outplayed them for periods of the game, who donated them the first goal and played with 10 men for most of the match.

Err yea wow what an impressive side eh. I bet Portugal liked what they've seen too.
Chile, I'll say again, is a very good side. Being 2-0 before half time (and when there were 11 men on the field), Spain didn't really have impetus to switch up a gear.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Portugal been much more impressive than Spain so far. Spain just seem to be all mouth and no trosuers, play pretty football without any real end-result. Still better than the ****e that England have been playing, but they don't look like WC winners at all.
Portgual have been turd aside from the North Korea game. Yeah sure, it was 7-0. So what? They were dross in their other two games. Spain been much better than them.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Portugal is absolutely woeful, no idea what Ronaldo is doing, but someone should tell him that its not only him on the pitch.

Brazil i'm not impressed by either, one of the crappiest Brazil sides to play a WC in a while i'd say, definitily a chance for Holland there, especially if we keep Robben and Elia fit and get van Persie focussed.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm taking the implication to be that when you've had a drink you'll say it.

A drunk man always speaks the truth.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
SS, bloke called Winston Churchill once declared that "we will fight them on the beaches"...

Then again, he did say it in 1940 and I'm pretty sure the US curriculum only covers the war from 1941 onwards....

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Portgual have been turd aside from the North Korea game. Yeah sure, it was 7-0. So what? They were dross in their other two games. Spain been much better than them.
Yeah, agreed here, two of the worst matches of the World Cup have featured Portugal, can't see them being even competitive with Spain. Let's face it, the Swiss did well, but on balance of play it should of been about 4-1.

Torres a major worry though obviously.

Oh and Page 3 is the Sun, the Star is more like the stupid-headed brother of the Scum, yes that is actually possible.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mildly embarrassing our tabs seem to be unable to view any clash with the Germans except through the prism of a war that ended 65 years ago.

Fully expecting us to go out on pens, myself. Every bookmaker has us as favourites to win in the 90 (which, looking at the exeperience and quality of the two teams is fair enough; precedents set over a decade ago should have no bearing on today's teams), but are much more divided when it comes to who'll advance.