• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Knockout Stages

Teja.

Global Moderator
Mexico were looking absolutely terrific in the beginning, then the ref ****ed them over, and they haven't looked the same side from then(except a few minutes after 40)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha what a debacle, will gladly go back to rooting for Germany to win the thing after that. CBA to re-read the rest of the thread, but I dearly hope nobody has been defending the England performance. Maybe England will have a shot at winning something when they learn the incredibly difficult footballing skill of passing the ball along the ground and they stop picking Gareth ****ing Barry. Come on Germany ffs.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haha what a debacle, will gladly go back to rooting for Germany to win the thing after that. CBA to re-read the rest of the thread, but I dearly hope nobody has been defending the England performance. Maybe England will have a shot at winning something when they learn the incredibly difficult footballing skill of passing the ball along the ground and they stop picking Gareth ****ing Barry. Come on Germany ffs.
No one seems to be, tbf. However, let's make no bones about it, Lampard scored.

Steulen

International Regular
No one seems to be, tbf. However, let's make no bones about it, Lampard scored.
England were dire, should have conceded more than 4 goals. A truly shocking performance.

However, they were not at all dire after scoring 2-1 and then 2-2 from nowhere and...oh wait, they didn't score 2-2. TBF, their good period was all based around attacking at 100mph like only England can and I enjoyed watching that.

I was watching in a room full of people and every single one of us called the goal in real time. Too bad the linesman, post and ball were in a straight line when the ball bounced about a foot behind the line. Technology, folks...let's have it, 'mkay?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
1.15 AM. Gotta reach my factory at 7, So, Good night. Regarding my opinions of football, I don't claim to be the most knowledgeable fan and am always more than willing to change views but from what I have seen, I prefer La Liga. Condolences to the English fans.

Sir Alex

Banned
He had no control over the ball and it rebounded off a Mexican defender and came back to him.

He had no confidence of passing that to anyone, he could easily have set it up but instead went for a long ranger because that's the best thing he could do to get himself a goal in that situation.

We have seen how difficult it is to do long rangers and how intelligent teams like Germany have curtailedit and reaped success. It was purely lucky and it could've gone anywhere.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tevez scores from that kind of range all the time. Also, were you looking the other way when Mesit Oezil scored a wonder goal from similar range to get Germany into the second round? I'm sorry, I think you're just talking complete bollocks. Again.

In other news, I'll be having a bit of that next season thanks.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I PRETY MUCH HAVE no friend after admittinf Germany were good and we were ****ing awful. lOGIC FTW. ****S

Langeveldt

Soutie
Haha seriously? That's hilarious.

Worst probably the worst refereeing call I've ever seen.
Me too.. Hand of god and hand of frog, well they were in the moment with limbs flying around everywhere.. I don't think I've ever seen such a bad call in any sporting event ever, including village cricket