• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Knockout Stages

Sir Alex

Banned
Good Im glad you are enjoying it. Trolling threads where people genuinely care about something is an artform. Personally I had no over expectations. I never thought this England team was very good. And the selections even worse. Ill cope fine as you seem to have me confused with someone else.

Im very disappointed with England but the World still turns and my kids are still healthy. It isnt a big deal. Granted I dont live in England so I will not have to deal with the press or the public so it will be easier to avoid.

Oh, and **** off.
You quoted the wrong post. It was Scaly piscine who was making "Had England been... blah blah/.. they would be .. blah blah..."

Seems like you cannot have a go at him because he is your countryman so you take it out on me.

Go on, it is you who are sounding desperate here. Your team lost, if you'd be concerned about your kids etc and not caring **** about this, you wouldn't be posting here would you? ;)

Have a lovely day.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good Im glad you are enjoying it. Trolling threads where people genuinely care about something is an artform. Personally I had no over expectations. I never thought this England team was very good. And the selections even worse. Ill cope fine as you seem to have me confused with someone else.

Im very disappointed with England but the World still turns and my kids are still healthy. It isnt a big deal.

Oh, and **** off.
This, not sure why people are trolling England fans on here, none of us had high expectations, so it just reflects badly on you, TBH.

Mind except for th Aussies, I was a **** when oz went out, and I apologise for that, it was more Ashes rivalry then anything. Ashes year after all.

Anyway, England can't defend and can't pass, no big surprise really, and no I'm not going to use the Lampard thing, we were outplayed by a MUCH better team.

Johnners

Heh, called the goal in real-time, was obviously well over the line. If that's not a perfect example as to why football needs if nothing else a video review system on all goals/potential goals then I'm not here.

Oh and Sir Alex, quit the baiting now, it's quite obvious your only intention in this thread is to try and wind up the english posters.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Germany by far the better side, but if the goal was allowed and the game locked at 2-2 before the break, all the momentum would have been with England. It really ****ed up the game. Atrocious.

Scaly piscine

Called it before the tournie that these Germans were badass. Hope Argentina go through and play these guys. Will be an incredible game to watch.
They were competent and pretty poor at the back, England's defence was just even worse.

Assuming Argentina get through then hopefully it won't turn out to be a typical bad tempered Argentina v Germany match and there'll be plenty of goals.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I am with England in this if the goal had been allowed then it would have been a completely different game.Germany was always going to hurt England on the counter due to a combination of lack of pace and extra pace in their defence and German attack

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Serious question: The English press was pretty adamant about their chances prior to the tournament, and I gather it happens a lot. I also watched a lot of analysis from people who I presume know what they're talking about who all said England have fantastic players at virtually every spot - so what keeps happening? Is it the domestic structure that maybe deemphasizes team building at the international level?

R_D

International Debutant
Hahahahahahaha, that's ridiculous. Karmic almost
I had a feeling germany was going to win...... Unlucky England though .. Would've been a different game at 2-2........
Well done Germany ..... Outplayed England

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Really enjoyed the match in terms of a spectacle - minimal fouls, plenty of goals, attractive football and controversy with Lampard's strike ruled out. Undoubtable that would've put a different spin on the game had the score been tied at 2-2, but the Germans' clinical counter attacking style makes me believe that the better side won. I doubt the English can have too many complaints at the outcome - Germany clearly the more efficient side.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Serious question: The English press was pretty adamant about their chances prior to the tournament, and I gather it happens a lot. I also watched a lot of analysis from people who I presume know what they're talking about who all said England have fantastic players at virtually every spot - so what keeps happening? Is it the domestic structure that maybe deemphasizes team building at the international level?
Who said that? They dont. If they said that then they we just building England up for the WC.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I don;t know how good is this German side but its better to watch then any previous German sides they play a very fluent game.A germany-argie game could turn out to be a neutral delight.

Sir Alex

Banned
Heh, called the goal in real-time, was obviously well over the line. If that's not a perfect example as to why football needs if nothing else a video review system on all goals/potential goals then I'm not here.

Oh and Sir Alex, quit the baiting now, it's quite obvious your only intention in this thread is to try and wind up the english posters.
Please check your VM thanks.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Who said that? They dont. If they said that then they we just building England up for the WC.
I was just watching people analyzing each of the groups and they went position by position and they all said England were the stronger side compared to Germany. It was on ESPN in America and I also watched a feed from I think it was Sky.