• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Knockout Stages

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
There's that. The WC was quite exciting when people weren't being carted off like little girls when someone happened to come within a zip code.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
USA were so bad. Fun enough game but hard to get behind either side. Can't say I'd be sad to see either of them go out.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm, hate it when the side that's occupying the spot your team was gunning for runs into a team like the US.

Makes you wonder what might have been.

As for tonight, having had a couple of early nights, shall be up and bagging the **** out of England at the cricket, while cheering them on at the football.

God I'm a weird ****er. Bring back flibbertydribbler.. Miss him so..

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
USA were so bad. Fun enough game but hard to get behind either side. Can't say I'd be sad to see either of them go out.
Yea agreed. The USA just aren't good enough to advance further than they did. They have to somehow learn to turn their brains on in the first twenty minutes.

JBH001

International Regular
Thoroughly enjoyed the Ghana game, that last goal was magnificent.

Am rooting for the Germans, but I think England will squeak past, either in normal time, or even, yes, on penalties.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haven't been this nervous since...Stockport away I guess. Bleurgh. Don't want our WC to end just yet.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Feel pretty calm just now, but did for the Slovenia game til about half twelve and was then ****ting bricks for the next 4 hours.

Try to look at it logically (we're more experienced, player for player have the better team, won the last time we played, etc) but can't get past the defeats of yore. Weirdly, in my mind, 1996 seems like yesterday but 2001 seems like an age ago despite us still having 3 players who featured that night, including two of the goalscorers.