• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Robbie Earle sacked by ITV

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Press releases | Programme press releases | FIFA World Cup Tickets - ITV Press Centre

FIFA World Cup Tickets
Published: Tuesday, 15 June 2010, 2:11PM

ITV Statement: FIFA World Cup Tickets

Following claims by FIFA that official 2010 World Cup tickets may have been used for ambush marketing, ITV has reviewed its entire ticket allocation for the tournament.

Immediate investigations indicated that a block of ITV tickets would appear to have been used for unauthorised purposes during the Holland v Denmark match.

Further enquiries have revealed that a substantial number of tickets allocated to Robbie Earle for family and friends have been passed to a third party in breach of FIFA rules.

As a result, Robbie Earle’s contract with ITV has been terminated with immediate effect.

For Press related enquiries, please contact:

mike.large@itv.com amd james.macleod@itv.com

If you are a viewer, all enquiries and comments to the viewerservices@itv.com team.

Please note that the above press contact will only respond to enquiries from the Press.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Probably just been a little daft with who he gave some tickets to and they then punted them onto some company or other for ambush purposes.

Must admit to having to Google what "ambush marketing" was tho. :ph34r:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
For the record, the girls in orange dresses are the subject of FIFA's gripes about "ambush marketing" by the Bavaria Beer Co:

If FIFA were that unhappy about the marketing they could have just asked the girls to remove their dresses. :ph34r:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There were orange dungarees that people were wearing and were made to remove.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
The lead bloke who does the commentating is so dire it's untrue. When Brazil scored their first goal, he went from calling it really lucky and an own goal that hit the back of the keepers head (wtf?) to calling it an amazing strike. Just STFU please you idiot.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Haha I don't get the McCarthy hate. Such a funny guy, remember once Wolves got absolutely destroyed by Le Arse and McCarthy was interviewed afterwards and he started it off with 'Jim, I'll be honest, we got absolutely mullered.' Nearly wet myself laughing TBH.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The lead bloke who does the commentating is so dire it's untrue. When Brazil scored their first goal, he went from calling it really lucky and an own goal that hit the back of the keepers head (wtf?) to calling it an amazing strike. Just STFU please you idiot.
Same commentator made an arse of himself during the FA Cup Final when a shot from (I think) Drogba hit the bar and he was convinced it was in, "how long has it taken us to prove that went in?" he said smugly, as if to say, yeah bring in video evidence because we've proved it in ten days. Subsequent shots showed that the ball did not cross the line.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Can't stand Chiles, never have, ever since his Radio 5 days.

I'd enjoy them getting shot of Southgate too, they had him on at lunctime today saying how crap Sven was as a manager. Not at all hypocritical Gareth, we all know you've had so many fantastic achievements in your managerial career.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Southgate has laid into Sven loads of times, I believe he said of his half-time teamtal V Brazil, "we needed Churchill and we got Iain Duncan-Smith."

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Southgate has laid into Sven loads of times, I believe he said of his half-time teamtal V Brazil, "we needed Churchill and we got Iain Duncan-Smith."
Yeah this is basically what they were playing on. I mean, it's fair enough if he said "I don't agree with his tactics on this occasion" or whatever, but he was just putting the boot into him as a manager in general. And like Sven or not, he's a hell of a lot more successful/qualified than Gareth bloody Southgate. Go back to being in the pizza hut adverts you penalty missing ****.

grecian

Yeah, Southgate was a git this afternoon, Svens tactic's were decent in that match. he made that IDS comment about Sven, when he still could of been picked for England. So he put selling a few more books of his crummy auto-biography over playing for his country.

****e manager, ****e player, ****e anaylst, get rid.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
****s all over Mick McCarthy though. Urgh.
The guy's ********, on making his way into the commentary booth for the Argentina game he took a look at the teamsheet the commentators are provided with and remarked that it was a bit of a coincidence that Argentina's number 8 was called Juan Veron, as they had a player by that name a couple of World Cups ago.

When you're getting paid to commentate at a World Cup, is it really too much to ask that you do a little bit of research into the teams you're going to be commentating on?

Matteh

The guy's ********, on making his way into the commentary booth for the Argentina game he took a look at the teamsheet the commentators are provided with and remarked that it was a bit of a coincidence that Argentina's number 8 was called Juan Veron, as they had a player by that name a couple of World Cups ago.

When you're getting paid to commentate at a World Cup, is it really too much to ask that you do a little bit of research into the teams you're going to be commentating on?
Given he's an English football manager, you'd expect him to know about a player who has played for Man Utd AND Chelsea ffs.