Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robbie Earle sacked by ITV

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Southgate has laid into Sven loads of times, I believe he said of his half-time teamtal V Brazil, "we needed Churchill and we got Iain Duncan-Smith."
    Yeah this is basically what they were playing on. I mean, it's fair enough if he said "I don't agree with his tactics on this occasion" or whatever, but he was just putting the boot into him as a manager in general. And like Sven or not, he's a hell of a lot more successful/qualified than Gareth bloody Southgate. Go back to being in the pizza hut adverts you penalty missing ****.

Yeah, Southgate was a git this afternoon, Svens tactic's were decent in that match. he made that IDS comment about Sven, when he still could of been picked for England. So he put selling a few more books of his crummy auto-biography over playing for his country.

****e manager, ****e player, ****e anaylst, get rid.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    ****s all over Mick McCarthy though. Urgh.
    The guy's ********, on making his way into the commentary booth for the Argentina game he took a look at the teamsheet the commentators are provided with and remarked that it was a bit of a coincidence that Argentina's number 8 was called Juan Veron, as they had a player by that name a couple of World Cups ago.

When you're getting paid to commentate at a World Cup, is it really too much to ask that you do a little bit of research into the teams you're going to be commentating on?

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!

If that's true, then it's hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    The guy's ********, on making his way into the commentary booth for the Argentina game he took a look at the teamsheet the commentators are provided with and remarked that it was a bit of a coincidence that Argentina's number 8 was called Juan Veron, as they had a player by that name a couple of World Cups ago.

When you're getting paid to commentate at a World Cup, is it really too much to ask that you do a little bit of research into the teams you're going to be commentating on?
    Given he's an English football manager, you'd expect him to know about a player who has played for Man Utd AND Chelsea ffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    ITV definitely worse - Red Clive and Jim Beglin the worst but the likes of "crazy" Marcel just compound the problem.

To be honest, I like McCarthy, think most of what he says isn't meant to be taken seriously - just need to get his sense of humour.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

cpr
    Rather listen to Andy Townsend than McCarthy tbh. Annoying **** in every aspect.

****, I'd rather listen to Garth Crooks interview Andy Townsend than McCarthy commentary.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    ITV definitely worse - Red Clive and Jim Beglin the worst but the likes of "crazy" Marcel just compound the problem.

To be honest, I like McCarthy, think most of what he says isn't meant to be taken seriously - just need to get his sense of humour.
    I don't think he's joking. I think he just really is that stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Banned
    Personally, I don't mind any of the above analysts and commies....

I just can't stand Motson and Lawrenson, so anything that keeps them out of sight is a good thing in my eyes.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Motson is dreadful I agree. Lawrenson isn't exactly great either, but I don't have a huge problem with him.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Motson is dreadful I agree.
    Scaly to jump in with the deft analogy.

Where is Dicko, BTW?
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information