• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So how do you plan to watch the World Cup?

Craig

World Traveller
For those who live in the Southern Hemisphere this is going to pretty tricky, with matches that kick off around midnight (AEDT) and then at 4.30am, so it's going to be tough for me to watch the matches during the week as I will be asleep or just waking up to go to work. The weekends are fine though.

I will just record the matches I want to view and find time on the weekends to watch them.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Depends what time they're on. Will watch on TV if on a decent hour, if not, meh.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I presume they will be on iplayer or the itv equivalent, so ill be watching the early kick off games on my laptop at work.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
If I've got nothing else on I'll probably watch the "earlier" games live (think theres 11.30pm and 2am kick offs NTZ) and record those starting at 6am or so.

robbinhood

Cricket Spectator
I had already Pre Plan my work. So I do not face any problem when the worldcup start .
In india its The match of the world shown in the afternoon. So I make my schedule that way so on that time i remain free. I also tell my all friends that they also arrange their work such way that they alsoremain free on that time .So we together see the world cup .So we enjoy to cheerup our favourite team.

biased indian

International Coach
Earliest game is at 17:00 IST will have to go and watch those game at a colleagues house near office

the other game can be watched at home since it starts at 19:30 and mid night respectively

Sir Alex

Banned
Will miss the first two of al weekdays, will be able to watch midnight games. Weekends depend on my schedule, sleep and how boozed I am.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dunno, probably like Sledger.

Yet I'm just hoping the ****ing thing will start already, I'm (as you may have noticed), I'm a big football fan, but these last couple of weeks have been torture. Just play the game and stop ****ing talking about it constantly everyone, because until 3 o'clock today there's very little to ****ing talk about, once it starts I'll be entering into heaven, but it's purgatory ATM.

I just wanna watch the game not be bludgeoned senseless with crappy adverts, worse songs, and pontificating from z-list slebs and all the rigmarole of the hype and ignorance.

The Premiership is similar.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Craig, but I just needed to vent

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I would add the perpetual referencing of 1966 as well, am sick to the back teeth of that. It's mentioned nearly every single time England play, in the context of a World Cup or not. GAGF.

grecian

I would add the perpetual referencing of 1966 as well, am sick to the back teeth of that. It's mentioned nearly every single time England play, in the context of a World Cup or not. GAGF.
It is annoying but it really pisses off the sweaties and those other odd nations, so it's kind of acceptable:whistling

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, hadn't thought of it like that itbt. In that light it does seem somewhat more tolerable.

grecian

Haha, hadn't thought of it like that itbt. In that light it does seem somewhat more tolerable.
Oh it's the only way to see it, look at Ginger Furrballs reaction to Bobby Moore doing well in the WC Icons thingy. Whenever there's a rabid Scotch around, I always try to get a glowing mention of "The Boys of '66" in:)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, I will make sure I keep this in mind. Some IRL trolling never goes amiss.

On the topic of the thread. I know the BBC are showing all of their games live on their website, can anyone confirm/deny as to whether ITV are doing similarly?