• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Betting Thread

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone had any long-range punts yet? Liking the look of Uruguay against France on the opening night at 11/4. I'm pretty sure the only reason no one realises how **** France are is because they're called "France".

Also punted 70p on Nani for player of the tournament at 150/1. Long shot obvz, but **** it, he was playing like a god towards the end of the season.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you're confident England will win their group with USA runners up then there's money to be made.

Odds of 4/1 on England, USA, Slovenia and the odds of 5/1 England, USA, Algeria.
That was a few weeks ago anyway.

Uppercut

Good spot that. You only need an England-US one-two to happen about 30% of the time to break even on that bet. I'd say it'll happen well over half the time.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
You really have to go through some **** to open an account at an online betting place these days. I think I have to cut off one of my fingers and mail it to the UK.

Jarquis

England going out in the QF is 10/3 and SF 7/2.
Money to be made there as well IMO.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
For some reason Brazil were massive favourites in 2006, which gave everyone massively long odds.

I managed to bet a total of £21 on 6 countries I fancied might win it, with the proviso that if any of them came good, I'd win £50. Had Argentina, Holland, Germany, Italy, France and Portugal iirc, sadly only broke even because my other £29 was spent on daft side bets, none of which came up. :(

Scaly piscine

9 points is 15/8
7 points is 21/10
6 points 5/1
5 points 17/2
4 points 9/1
3 points 25/1
2 points 50/1
1 point 125/1
0 points 500/1
bet365 - Online Sports Betting

Bet365 odds >>>>> Skybet's.
Think 5 points is value there. If you look at the odds for 7 points and say right how unlikely is it that England drop a couple of points in either of the two games they win, it's not a differential of 21/10 to 17/2 in my opinion. Particularly as 5 points would almost certainly have a team qualify anyway.

Matteh

Put a tenner on France/Mexico to win on Friday at 4/1. Given they've got Uruguay and South Africa, decent value.

Only reason the odds are so long are because of South Africa being the hosts, but frankly they're worse than ****house.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You really have to go through some **** to open an account at an online betting place these days. I think I have to cut off one of my fingers and mail it to the UK.
Surely you have some spares lying around that aren't your own

Uppercut

Think 5 points is value there. If you look at the odds for 7 points and say right how unlikely is it that England drop a couple of points in either of the two games they win, it's not a differential of 21/10 to 17/2 in my opinion. Particularly as 5 points would almost certainly have a team qualify anyway.
Well you get paid about four times as much when they draw the third of the games than you do when they win it. I think the other odds on the site pretty much do suggest that an England win is around four times as likely.

Jarquis

Also punted 70p on Nani for player of the tournament at 150/1. Long shot obvz, but **** it, he was playing like a god towards the end of the season.
Even longer shot now, think CW is developing its own curse.

Bobisback

International Regular
Just had a couple of bets for the first night,

Went Carlos Vela (I hope he starts...) to score the first goal into RSA to win 2-1. I think that Mexico will score early and the crowd will pull a goal back around the 40-50 minute mark, followed by the winner late. $910 if I get it up

Also went a couple of multies on half time full time doubles:

Draw/RSA into France/France into Greece/Greece into Argentina/Argentina - $864.50 if it gets up

Mexico/RSA into the same as above, $1852.50 if it gets up.

There is always good value in backing teams to be up at half time and then going on to lose. Can win some money if you pick the right games throughout the tournament.

Last edited:

grecian

Don't normally back football, but had a free bet on 888sport and decided to go for van Persie for top goalscorer.