• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Betting Thread

Bobisback

International Regular
Two bets today, just lost one :(

These all halftime scores NZ-Slovakia 0-0, Ivory Coast-Portugal 0-0, Brazil 2-0

$5 for $134.4

Then I took goal time, 61-75th minute in the NZ game, Start of the 2nd to 60th minute in the Portugal game, 0-15 minutes for the Brazil game.

Amazing 1650 return for my $5 investment. Why couldnt they wait another 10 minutes or so?

Bobisback

International Regular
Two bets today, just lost one :(

These all halftime scores NZ-Slovakia 0-0, Ivory Coast-Portugal 0-0, Brazil 2-0

$5 for $134.4

Then I took goal time, 61-75th minute in the NZ game, Start of the 2nd to 60th minute in the Portugal game, 0-15 minutes for the Brazil game.

Amazing 1650 return for my $5 investment. Why couldnt they wait another 10 minutes or so?
Should have went Brazil 0-0 first half imo. Oh well, still in. Not going to get up to watch it, will be surprised when I get up.

If a goal comes in the first fifteen minutes, im going to be pissed off. Was going to go start of second half-60th minute in both games.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Had a bunch on Slovakia 1-0. ****.

About to throw in the betting towel on this WC, going about as well as Australia right now.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should have went Brazil 0-0 first half imo. Oh well, still in. Not going to get up to watch it, will be surprised when I get up.

If a goal comes in the first fifteen minutes, im going to be pissed off. Was going to go start of second half-60th minute in both games.
Yep.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Screw this. My money's going on Royal Ascot for the rest of the week.
Best decision ever. Who would have guessed that betting on something you actually know something about would yield better results?

But now I'm stupidly looking at the odds for today's WC games. Of course I'm going to be tempted.

Uppercut

Put money on a treble for the last couple of days on Portugal/Ivory Coast to draw yesterday into Chile for this match and Uruguay/South Africa to draw later. 15/1.

Bobisback

International Regular
Thank **** for the $300 pickup on the Inglis/Queensland(13+) double, otherwise I would be looking really bad. Though could never bet on soccer again when this is over...

First goal scorer/score doubles of Iniesta into 1-0 and 2-1 for $205 and $255.

Also a 0-0 half time double on the two remaining games today with only a $38.40 return.

And a first goal time double of 2nd Half to 60 minutes in the Spain game and 76th to end of 2nd half in the RSA game. $825 return (to break even :P)

All $5 bets.

_Ed_

I've become a fan of the odd/even bet. It's pure luck, but I've backed odd as the outsider (odds around 2.1) three times and won on each occasion.

Also had a little bit on Chile to have a clean sheet there, which was surprisingly at 2.3.

Bobisback

International Regular
If you want odds like that, just 0-0 half time score, would be rich if you did it every game to now.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Would have been worth some sort of punt saying that Switzerland would have less than 20% ball possession against Spain today.

Bobisback

International Regular
I doubt it will stay like that for the whole game, but I doubt you would have got very good odds. Probably like 8 to 1, tops.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Got money on less than 8 goals tonight. Chili vs. Honduras only 1 goal, and Spain yet to score around 35 mins in. So looking okay.

Also thinking of getting on Spain to win if they hit $1.5. Thoughts?

Bobisback

International Regular
Got money on less than 8 goals tonight. Chili vs. Honduras only 1 goal, and Spain yet to score around 35 mins in. So looking okay.

Also thinking of getting on Spain to win if they hit $1.5. Thoughts?
Would think about putting a 2-0 bet on at half time.

EDIT:
0-0 half time, could get my first collect, just need the other two teams tonight to be toothless, like all the teams before them.

Wouldnt mind seeing Iniesta score in the first 15 minutes of the half.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well my $1.50 just got matched. Got a $100 on them.

Won a bit on India tonight so hopefully Spain can add to that, and there's less than 8 goals in total in the 3 matches tonight :)

Bobisback

International Regular
Well my $1.50 just got matched. Got a $100 on them.

Won a bit on India tonight so hopefully Spain can add to that, and there's less than 8 goals in total in the 3 matches tonight :)
Well, cant see more than 3 goals in this game, so at worst, you would need less than 4 goals in the last game. Can lineup now, imo. What odds did you get on that?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Laid it 8 or more goals on Betfair at 2.32.

Haha Spain just went down 1-0. May put a little bit back on. Willing to lose to win.

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Also a 0-0 half time double on the two remaining games today with only a $38.40 return.

And a first goal time double of 2nd Half to 60 minutes in the Spain game and 76th to end of 2nd half in the RSA game. $825 return (to break even :P)
Well, lets hope South Africa and Uruguay is a boring game, with a late goal... quietly confident here...