• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Betting Thread

Bobisback

International Regular
A few bets for today

$20 on first goal in the Algeria Slovenia match to come with the 16th to 30th minute - $70
$20 on Slovenia to be 1-0 up at half time - $85
$10 on Novakovic to be first goal scorer - $60
$5 on Novakovic first goal scorer into 1-0 - $130
$5 on Gomez, Podolski, Cahill and Emerton to be first goal scorers into Germany 2-1 - $155, $155, $405, $880 respectively.
$5 multi on Draw/Slovenia (Yeah, I know), Serbia/Serbia, Germany 2-1 - $669.

So, really, just looking for Slovenia 1-0 at half time to be even, but would Novakovic to score the only goal in the match in the 23rd minute.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should have listened to my opening post where I said France were crap.

South Korea, Argentina and US/England to draw my accumulator for today. More to make the games more interesting than because I'm particularly confident though.
Having managed to break CW's curse yesterday I've put on another accumulator for today and tomorrow. Slovenia, Serbia, Germany and Cameroon. Paying 15/1, same as the last one.

Bobisback

International Regular
Good luck with those!.
With my bets this WC so far, I need more than luck. Had $50 on messi to be the first goal scorer last night, heart almost stopped when he had that shot that curled to the right and the keeper only just got a hand on it.

All my other bets last night went down too, but my drunkenness helped with that, had some stupid scorelines in there.

Bobisback

International Regular
A few bets for today

$20 on first goal in the Algeria Slovenia match to come with the 16th to 30th minute - $70

$5 on Gomez, Podolski, Cahill and Emerton to be first goal scorers into Germany 2-1 - $155, $155, $405, $880 respectively.

So, really, just looking for Slovenia 1-0 at half time to be even, but would Novakovic to score the only goal in the match in the 23rd minute.
$40 down the tube so far.

Should just chuck $50 on 0-0 half time score in ever match. Would be rolling in it by the end of the tournament, imo.

Bobisback

International Regular
A few bets for today

Good day... :(

Bobisback

International Regular
A few bets for today

Multi is pretty much won... Emerton to score first, followed by two late Germany goals, an easy 1500.

_Ed_

Yeah, foregone conclusion.

I've put a tenner on a 0-0 draw between Serbia and Ghana. I thought the 3.35-1 odds looked pretty nice for a game already halfway through. But knowing my luck so far in this tournament, the second half's gonna be a goalfest.

Uppercut

Yeah I think that's a pretty good bet. There's been a lot more quality in this game than there was in the last but still not many chances. Sees to me that both these teams are simply much better defensively than they are going forward.

We'll see how the second half goes, but I definitely think this game will finish 0-0 more than 1/4 of the time. Would probably steal that punt if I didn't already have money on the game.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Had some money on Slovenia to win as they were decent odds i thought.

Got some on Germany 2-0 but also have money on more than 2.5 goals so will be up whatever

would like some more corners and cards this second half, Lucas Neill letting me down.

_Ed_

Didn't get the 0-0 draw, but the multi I had with 4 baseball matches into Slovenia and Germany put me into the black for the tournament...for now.

_Ed_

Not very adventurous today - just a little multi on the Netherlands, Italy and a draw between Japan and Cameroon. Got about 10-1 on that one.

cpr

International Coach
Prediction league at work, stuck in 2-0 Holland, 1-0 Japan, and 2-0 Italy, fingers crossed here.....

_Ed_

Screw this. My money's going on Royal Ascot for the rest of the week.