• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England to win World Cup and save the World

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting story about how England take their carbon footprint seriously.

England team fights climate change en route to the World Cup (Press Release) - Department of Energy and Climate Change

"Supporting the project demonstrates that The FA takes the environmental impact of England’s World Cup involvement seriously and is taking credible action to mitigate its impact."

“I know the whole team are behind these efforts to lower our carbon footprint and leave a better world for the next generation.

I find it a little popularist and Ill be honest that I am amazed with the zeal the British embace this carbon footprint stuff and how fashionable it is. I cant say it means much to me but it cant be a bad thing though I find it a little wierd that a sports organisation is taking such an active interest.

As I said, doesnt mean much to me but I imagine it does to those in the UK so good on them for making the effort :)