• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No world cup would be complete without it....

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was seriously funny to see it floating about 2 metres over everyone's heads last night when they played at altitude tbh.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't call it controversy. It's just a few keepers getting their excuses in early.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah of course, it just amuses me that this happens EVERY world cup without fail.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Can't see why everyone makes a fuss about this to be honest, one of the most tedious debates in sport.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Maybe I'm missing something, but why does the ball need to change for a big tournament like this exactly?

Pothas

Yeah had a World cup ball myself, think sledger smashed into a hedge or something..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah had a World cup ball myself, think sledger smashed into a hedge or something..
Certainly went somewhere we could not get it back. That was a great ball actually, always liked playing with that one. I remember at the time your Dad announced that it was "the roundest ball ever". We didn't have the best of luck with lost footballs actually, come to think of it.

Pothas

Certainly went somewhere we could not get it back. That was a great ball actually, always liked playing with that one. I remember at the time your Dad announced that it was "the roundest ball ever". We didn't have the best of luck with lost footballs actually, come to think of it.
Yeah champions league ball met a nasty end as well.

Great ground/cricket pitch was Kinsgclere school mind.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah champions league ball met a nasty end as well.

Great ground/cricket pitch was Kinsgclere school mind.
Haha, I was never quite so fond of the champions league ball we played with, never seemed to be the correct weight I always thought. What happened to that one though? End up in the swimming pool?

It was a great place to go and play though, so many funny memories of that place. We should play there again sometime in the summer.

Pothas

One of them certainly ended in the pool but I think the champions league ball ended after a spectacular Pete volley.

Indeed we must, although I think our cricket pitch may have gone.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
One of them certainly ended in the pool but I think the champions league ball ended after a spectacular Pete volley.

Indeed we must, although I think our cricket pitch may have gone.
Haha, we can easily make it again. Pretty sure it started to flatten out after we played on it for an hour or two. I played cricket for the first time in ages yesterday, and it showed. Several horrible edges and several horrible bruises to show for it.