• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre-World Cup Friendlies

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Team for Japan, has been announced:

David James, Glen Johnson, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Theo Walcott, Tom Huddlestone, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, Wayne Rooney and Darren Bent.

Theo gets another start, no Adam Johnson or Joe Cole, does this mean they ain't gonna make it? Hope not would rather have them in the squad then Huddlestone, Theo or Lennon.
My guess is that Johnson & J Cole are competing for one spot and that both Huddlestone & Parker will miss out if Barry's fit.

Interesting to see Bent get a go, have him 5th outta 5 in the strikers' list. If he has a blinder tho, what will Fab do?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great scalp for NZ; fair play. Will be supporting the All Whites at the WC in a annoying, patronising, second-hand patriotic kinda way.

Dare say the result cheers a few Socceroo fans too.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Serbia with two key blokes out though.

Really encouraging for NZ. Beat Italyyyyyyyyy

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
News just had video of the All Whites post match celebration, singing Slice of Heaven whilst generously refreshed by certain beverages. Best team.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England looking patchy at best. Japan seem much more confident on the ball than they were last time out.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has Rooney given a pass that has gone to feet at all in the last 15 minutes?

Edit : There's two :p And then Andy Townsend agrees with me.

Uppercut

Reassuringly dire from England. Was starting to worry for a while that they might do well.

Jarquis

Haha, that goal was dire. Johnson was left with 2, went with his man but then gave him room and then the finish made it past James and the man on the post.

Uppercut

"No wonder England weren't doing so well in the first half, David Brent was playing." :lol:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah would be quite nice if Glenn Johnson had the first clue about defending, useless ****.

Game was played at such a crappy slow pace that I got bored after about 5 mins.

grecian

Hmm, about the only way we were going to score, it's confusing this, I don't know which England side to watch being crap.

Hope that gets Joe on the plane though.