• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre-World Cup Friendlies

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't mind Southgate, me. Townsend pretty inexcusable on any level tho, obvs.
Disagree about Southgate, but agree about Townsend, obvs.

Been a lot better second galf, as so often under Capello, I think he should just give the ***** a bollocking at the start of the match, just because the dozy twonks clearly need some motivating playing for England.

Scaly piscine

Look at that dead-set arsewipe waving phantom cards at the referee. Someone wave a broken leg at him. Scum.

grecian

Well Johnson wins MOTM, yeah who needs defenders to defend.

Crouch, Green the only two to massively boost their chances I'd of thought. Carrick, and Upson should have ruined theirs.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Was disappointed in Walcott itbt, still no use having all the pace in the world if your end product is as ****e as his. Baines wasn't good either

Xuhaib

International Coach
expect England to again underachieve this time.So 4 years on it still looks like a team of Rooney and his 10 friends.

grecian

So who do we give a game for against Japan, Upson? as he probably should play before I slag him off again, but I do think Carra and King are better. Would like to see Adam Johnson play with Lennon on the other wing, with Arbuckle and Parker (to prove Aussie right all along) in midfield.

Any chance we could drop Rio out of the squad?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Doyle heads one in from a Santa Crud mistake, 1-0. Paraguay getting dominated in the first fifteen. One wonders how Ireland aren't in the WC.

Oh, that's right. :(

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Doyle heads one in from a Santa Crud mistake, 1-0. Paraguay getting dominated in the first fifteen. One wonders how Ireland aren't in the WC.

Oh, that's right. :(
Most annoying thing about the whole Henry handball issue is the fact that is wasn't used as a catalyst for the introduction of video replays. In most other fields when such a glaring injustice occurs steps are usually taken to remedy the root cause, whereas FIFA/Wafer have just said, actually I don't evening remember what their counter argument was, but probably something about interrupting the play or somesuch.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Algeria looking reassuringly mediocre v Eire.

Their keeper looks disturbingly like the lovechild of Cristiano Ronaldo and Saj Mahmood tho. :-O

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Dropping some way below mediocre in the second half. Shower, tbh. Fully expect us to fluke a 1-0 tho.

EDIT: 2-0 Ireland; my Algeria are poo. Keeper literally slapped it straight to Keane.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Au contraire.

As an England fan this game is thoroughly inspiring. Algeria are worse than I'd hoped in my wildest dreams. :happy:

grecian

Team for Japan, has been announced:

David James, Glen Johnson, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Theo Walcott, Tom Huddlestone, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, Wayne Rooney and Darren Bent.

Theo gets another start, no Adam Johnson or Joe Cole, does this mean they ain't gonna make it? Hope not would rather have them in the squad then Huddlestone, Theo or Lennon.