• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That was my next guess :ph34r:

10-1 against El Salvador and 7-3 against West germany wasn't it?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ah. close enough

I know technically it's my question, but I'm prepared to give that right up to either of thw two posters above tbh

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I've got another one:

I'm the only man to ever have done this but my achievement can be equalled at this world cup. Who am I, what did I do and (for a bonus) who can equal me?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You're the Italian coach from the 1930s (Pozzo iirc) who is the only manager to have won consecutive/multiple World Cups, an achievement which can be equalled in South Africa by another Italian, Marcelo Lippi.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You're the Italian coach from the 1930s (Pozzo iirc) who is the only manager to have won consecutive World Cups, an achievement which can be equalled in South Africa by another Italian, Marcelo Lippi.
Yup, Vittorio Pozzo managed Italy to glory in 34 & 38 and remains the only man to have ever manged two world cup winning sides. Was consecutive but that wasn't part of me question, as it happened.

Can indeed be equalled this time by Lippi but also by Carlos Alberto Parreira, who managed Brazil to glory in 94 and takes the reigns of the hosts this time around.