Cricket Player Manager
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 211 to 225 of 225

Thread: World Cup Trivia Thread

  1. #211
    International Regular Steulen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Clydeside Cloggie
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Do less than four players share the feat?

    Can it never be repeated?
    The feat is unique but required less than four players to come about.
    It can be repeated at some stage.
    President of RTDAS - Ryan ten Doeschate - The Freddie Flintoff of Associate Cricket
    Member of DNAS, ESAS - Dirk Nannes, Edgar Schiferli. Dutchmen can bowl.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Delgado
    Steulen, are you half-Welsh? Cheer up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79
    God, I just worked out Steulen's avatar is a hedgehog, not a brain...
    Not sure how to feel now tbh...

  2. #212
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    #banblocky
    Posts
    20,486
    Is your feat to do with scoring goals?
    ​63*

  3. #213
    International Regular Steulen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Clydeside Cloggie
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Is your feat to do with scoring goals?
    No

  4. #214
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Trapped
    Posts
    12,452
    Are you a 'keeper?


  5. #215
    International Regular Steulen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Clydeside Cloggie
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Are you a 'keeper?
    No

  6. #216
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    still scratching around in the same old hole
    Posts
    15,234
    Not exactly WC related but I just read it and found it interesting.

    Who is the only player to have played in all 4 English divisions AND all 4 Scottish divisions?
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

    West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

    Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

    Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

  7. #217
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    #banblocky
    Posts
    20,486
    Has to be a recentish player, we've only had the Third Division up here since 1994.

    Unless he's a complete journeyman, he must count one (or more) of Livingston, Inverness Caledonian Thistle or Gretna as former clubs.

    edit: I'm guessing the player in question is Scottish, since I doubt an English player good enough to have played in the Premiership would have ended up playing in the Scottish Third Division at some point.
    Last edited by Furball; 24-06-2010 at 06:12 PM.

  8. #218
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    still scratching around in the same old hole
    Posts
    15,234
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Has to be a recentish player, we've only had the Third Division up here since 1994.

    Unless he's a complete journeyman, he must count one (or more) of Livingston, Inverness Caledonian Thistle or Gretna as former clubs.

    edit: I'm guessing the player in question is Scottish, since I doubt an English player good enough to have played in the Premiership would have ended up playing in the Scottish Third Division at some point.
    No to playing for any of those teams. Yes to Scottish

    Oh, in addition to all 4 leagues in England and Scot, he also played in the Conference
    Last edited by Goughy; 24-06-2010 at 06:23 PM.

  9. #219
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    #banblocky
    Posts
    20,486
    Has he also played abroad?

    Was his Premiership performance relatively early in his career?

    Was he ever capped?

  10. #220
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    still scratching around in the same old hole
    Posts
    15,234
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Has he also played abroad?

    Was his Premiership performance relatively early in his career?

    Was he ever capped?
    Yes

    Yes

    No.

    I think you have it

  11. #221
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    #banblocky
    Posts
    20,486
    I'm guessing because I'm not sure which division the English teams he played for played in, but I think it's Colin Cramb, most notably of Hearts and Falkirk.

  12. #222
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,900
    From my deepest memories of Football/Championship manager, didn't he start at Southampton?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  13. #223
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    #banblocky
    Posts
    20,486
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    From my deepest memories of Football/Championship manager, didn't he start at Southampton?
    Pretty sure he started in Scotland but went to Southampton early in his career. Pretty sure that's who he went to Hearts from.

  14. #224
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    still scratching around in the same old hole
    Posts
    15,234
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I'm guessing because I'm not sure which division the English teams he played for played in, but I think it's Colin Cramb, most notably of Hearts and Falkirk.
    Correct with the name but most notably of Doncaster Rovers

    Colin Cramb it is.

  15. #225
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,900
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Pretty sure he started in Scotland but went to Southampton early in his career. Pretty sure that's who he went to Hearts from.
    Yeah, I remembered him because for some bizarre reason he was good on the game!

    Of course that was when there only one country on the game so I think his history pre-Southampton was something like "minor nation" or something!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CricketWeb Tennis - Season I
    By SirBloody Idiot in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 2579
    Last Post: 15-12-2009, 03:33 PM
  2. World Cup Trivia Thread - SJS Format
    By BoyBrumby in forum 2006 Football World Cup - Germany
    Replies: 821
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 01:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •