• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy World Cup

Steulen

International Regular
I've only had two of my XI play as yet, Grecko and Schweinsteiger. Good thing I left Messi on the bench this round as he netted a cool 0 points. Today I have Zambrotta, Sneijder and Van Persie lined up, should be a fair few points.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've only had two of my XI play as yet, Grecko and Schweinsteiger. Good thing I left Messi on the bench this round as he netted a cool 0 points. Today I have Zambrotta, Sneijder and Van Persie lined up, should be a fair few points.
He's netted you 0 points because you left him on the bench. He netted me 18 as my captain.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Nah, made a few changes in the end, I'm sure the team you posted didn't add up anyway. Plus I CBF spending time faffing about with it.

Jarquis

Am livid, didn't understand how it worked properly so have 34 points worth of players sat on my bench. All of who would improve my current side.

Matteh

Don't think there's many fantasy games where it's advisable to put good players on the bench.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's a simple case of reading the rules before entering - surely a 23 man squad would've struck you as being a tad too large otherwise.

I suspect my captain is still yet to play because of the way the fixtures are spread out, but with the right planning it is easy to have 3 or 4 attempts at getting the captain right.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, just realised one of the two North Korean randoms I picked because they only cost £1m each was the goalscorer v Brazil. Would've taken a braver man than me to put him in the team tho.

Johnners

Dire, forgot to alter starting line-up after initially selecting. Had podolski & ozil on the bench >.<

Villa & Pique to come good for me tonight though (y)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pothas heading for a tipping/dream team double:

1. Brentford JackFirth 75 161
2. Torpoint AFC Marcussjd9 85 156
3. Beetle Vale Matteh 69 143
4. 1966 & All That BoyBrumby 77 143
5. Dynamo Groin Strain marc71178 70 142
6. Masquerade Clapo23 88 140
7. Grab A Granny lachiehansen 89 139
8. Ripper's Reapers ripper868 82 134
9. Dynamo Morpork SVimes 67 132