• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the World Cup stars

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not that an outlandish call, really. Everyone remembers the play acting now, but Rivaldo was Brazil's top boy (MHO, obv) and Ronaldinho was arguably more effective than his tubbier namesake too.

EDIT Or what grecian said. :p
Yeah, not like Ronaldo was scoring all the goals or anything.

I'd concede Rivaldo but there's absolutely no way that Ronaldinho was better in that tournament than Ronaldo. No chance in hell.

Like I said earlier, Ronaldo's greatness hasn't been properly appreciated by his generation. His goalscoring feats in 2002 were something that no-one in the modern era has come close to emulating.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Preposterous amounts of bias, fantastically crazy results, somehow got through to the right winner again.

All the necessary ingredients for a great battle. :thumbsup:

L Trumper

State Regular
Great thread. Also showed how much english fans differ in their views in cricket and football.

Bobby Moore at 3 is not good enough for'em, really? Best defender, captain and all but so is fritz walter and franz beckenbauer if anything, those two should be infront of him.

edit : Fritz Walter didn't even get a nomination, boy I didn't follow this thread from the beginning. How could you guys missed him, arguably the greatest player in the most successful country to play WC finals.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Quite a few players probably should've at least been in the draw. Lev Yashin & Uwe Seeler another couple of noteable omissiosns.

L Trumper

State Regular
Yeah. I saw this thread in latter stages, otherwise i'd have pressed for some of the old timers to get nominated.