• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group H - Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile

L Trumper

State Regular
Casillas will still be the no 1, reina in spain or not. His form for real madrid dipped since jan, every one knew that, but in no way you are going to drop your team captain before WC on basis of three months, considering he is the best for last 8 years.

Regarding Marchena as CB, seriously?? Marchena and pique as the central backs? Better teams more often than not run thruough it, puyol on RB might do good for 1 or 2 games then he is going to get tired legs which will **** up that position too.. Spains problem with swiss is their attack not their defence, if you think ramos is turd, then better thing is to swap puyol and ramos depending on opposition.

Finally, english fans talking about other intenational team compositions in football is more often than faulty percieved by lack of knowledge. It still boggles my mind how the same people can make great observations in criket.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why are people thoroughly enjoying Spain's loss? They play attractive football so it's not like the Italy hate.

The world football community confuses me.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Why are people thoroughly enjoying Spain's loss? They play attractive football so it's not like the Italy hate.

They do play attractive football. But it is kind of soft football. The way football is refereed now with the lack of physicality is like opening Windows in Safe Mode.

I think they play football that can be good to watch but they look like a high school springboard diving team. Thats why I enjoyed the Swiss. They were big, strong, well organized and sturdy. Its great to see football can still be played that way.

Spanish footballers or divers?

You are 100% correct though. I cant imagine anyone liking Spain less than Italy.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Clearly diving is ****, no arguments from me there, but how many teams/countries don't do it? Genuine question, not making a statement.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Clearly diving is ****, no arguments from me there, but how many teams countries don't do it? Genuine question, not making a statement.
Yeah diving is **** but I was making the point that they literally look like competitive divers in their size, shape and masculinity rather than the behaviour of the Spanish on the field. :)

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Big strong guys are cool, but I can watch UFC for that. Good on the Swiss for winning, but I don't see how they played football that was nice to watch.

By the way, your Windows Safe Mode comment was witty. Can I steal that to talk about some soft AFL footballers? :cool:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Don't think too many would make that claim for him just now, tbh. Peaked a while back. Reckon if Reina was playing in Spain he'd probably get the starting jersey.

Keeper going in feet first smacks of not wanting to get kicked, really. Insert the "cowardly latins" racial slur of your choice here.
Valdes is better than both. Casillas' distribution last night was abysmal as well.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

The English love it when an underdog gets up.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

What Matteh said, love seeing the big dogs get knocked down as well, obviously as an England fan you could argue that includes us but I love seeing hyped teams getting beaten. Loved it when Barca lost against Inter FFS.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah, rivalries always transcend things like that.

Put it this way, I'd love to see one of the non-big four sides take out the Prem, except for Everton or Bolton as that would be so so hideous

I like seeing the big teams fall but watching the Aussies fail>>>>anything :cool:

FTR I don't believe I gloated after the game anyhow, just bigged the Germans up beforehand

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's very likely. This time ten years ago the thought of Chelsea winning a league seemed far-fetched. For whatever reason, every subsequent generation seems to believe that the teams that are good at the time will always be good.

Also, lol @ people using the phrase "big four".

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
United, Arse & Liverpool will always come back into the fray, but as UC said other teams will come and go. When I was a kid in the late 80s people used to mention a 'big six', no idea who was in it but there you go, it's not a new concept