• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group H - Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Could watch this team play all day, so good to watch. Can't see them not scoring 2nd half.

Kinda sad seeing their central defenders having a better touch on the ball than pretty much the entire Socceroos team

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Surely you cant say that was bad by Spain. Unlucky, yes, but not bad.

Torres and Fabregas will be on soon, fireworks about to start.
Was dire. Straight ball over the top that should've been dealt with. Casillas sold himself way too early.

Bobisback

International Regular
The corners are baffling me, everytime (except that last one) Xavi is passing it to Iniesta or Xabi Alonso, surely he should curl it in, if it gets headed out, Switzerland has everyone in the box so they get the ball back anyway.

duffer

Man **** this, staying up this long to see Cesc play and he's not even close to getting on. Gah.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Steaming myself. All the press was full of Xavi's supposed calf strain so I stuck Cesc in my work's dream team assuming he'd get a go rather than risk Xavi & lo and behold: Xavi plays.

Bobisback

International Regular
Steaming myself. All the press was full of Xavi's supposed calf strain so I stuck Cesc in my work's dream team assuming he'd get a go rather than risk Xavi & lo and behold: Xavi plays.
Meh, my 3 Spanish players were Cesc, Torres and Jesus Navas.

duffer

One change to go...

Also, not like the other players are slouches :P
Well I wanted him to come on with Torres. Navas is a bit of a pansy imo, not the guy you'd be throwing into a game where you need to fight from behind to win. Watch him score a ridiculous goal or something now that I've said that though.

Bobisback

International Regular
Well I wanted him to come on with Torres. Navas is a bit of a pansy imo, not the guy you'd be throwing into a game where you need to fight from behind to win. Watch him score a ridiculous goal or something now that I've said that though.
Almost did as I read this.