• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group H - Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah looking forward to it, unlike others I don't want Spain to go out but Chile are just so great.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed. Ideally Switzerland just make it easy by playing with all the attacking flair they've shown to date and drawing 0-0.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ugh, don't like that red card, game over

Think Pickup once told me that you can't play advantage on a red so the goal shouldn't have stood, no? :ph34r:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just flicked over to the Swiss game. Eeeuwww. Dire. If they can't get it up for this why even bother?

Spain/Portugal would be sizeable tho.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Worst red of a tournament full of bad reds tbh. Admittedly wasn't a straight red, but a horrible decision anyway, was never a yellow.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It potentially means Chile will be out of the tournament and not Switzerland despite Chile being the much better team.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Worst red of a tournament full of bad reds tbh. Admittedly wasn't a straight red, but a horrible decision anyway, was never a yellow.
Soft 2nd yellow but he was lucky he didn't pick up a 2nd yellow 2 minutes previously when he hacked down Iniesta.
Ponce lucky not to be sent off as well.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If Switzerland can gee themselves up we might still get Brazil-Spain in the next round

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If it's violent conduct you can't play advantage.

The laws don't state anything about yellow card offences.
We had a situation in the 08-09 season where one of our players who was on a yellow (Steve Jennings, you might know him as he plays for Motherwell now) committed a fairly bad foul, ref played advantage and we all expected a red (i.e second yellow) once the ball went out, to no avail. mentioned it in the footy thread and Mr Pickup informed me that you can't play advantage on any red, ever.

I don't profess to be an expert and it would be a pedantic ref to stop that goal, just wondering aloud and getting up to no good tbh