• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group G - Brazil, Korea DPR, Côte d'Ivoire, Portugal

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is there any recourse for FIFA to overturn the match ban for Kaka at least, if they feel a red was unjust? Seems absolutely ridiculous that Brazil have to play their next match, admittedly a dead rubber, without one of their best players because of that.

Disgraceful stuff from Ivory Coast, absolutely shameful.
Don't think so. You can't appeal yellow cards apparently. FIFA are the sole reason this sort of bollocks goes on. They're too corrupt and incompetent to do anything about it.

Also the vegetable again showing what a ****house manager he is. Getting the bare minimum out of his team.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I actually don't have an issue with the sending off as it was just about justified for the second yellow (which must have been given for unsporting conduct, rather than violent conduct). It was a needless barge off the ball and doubly stupid since he was already on a yellow.

He can't get an extended ban as it is a second yellow card rather than violent conduct. Keita, however, should never be allowed to play football ever again. Perhaps it's justice for the Rivaldo dive against Turkey four years ago, however?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Shocking dive :@

Players should be punished retrospectively for **** like that ban the cheating bastards
It's the fact that Fifa doesn't do this that proves they're all hot air with talk of stamping out diving.

Have frequently wondered if Fifa continue to allow or even encourage terrible refereeing, diving and various other BS deliberately because they know the tribal outrage it leads to ultimately makes them more money.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Is there any recourse for FIFA to overturn the match ban for Kaka at least, if they feel a red was unjust? Seems absolutely ridiculous that Brazil have to play their next match, admittedly a dead rubber, without one of their best players because of that.

Disgraceful stuff from Ivory Coast, absolutely shameful.
Kaka's the face of Adidas, who happen to be one of the World Cup's major sponsors.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I actually don't have an issue with the sending off as it was just about justified for the second yellow (which must have been given for unsporting conduct, rather than violent conduct). It was a needless barge off the ball and doubly stupid since he was already on a yellow.

He can't get an extended ban as it is a second yellow card rather than violent conduct. Keita, however, should never be allowed to play football ever again. Perhaps it's justice for the Rivaldo dive against Turkey four years ago, however?
You are joking aren't you?

If Kaka did that deliberately he'd have planted his feet and transferred all his weight into his opponent, he wouldn't have been knocked off balance by Keita walking into him.

Jarquis

Don't think he was going out to break Keita's ribs. You're kidding yourself if you don't think he intentionally made contact with Keita's chest with his elbow though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Don't think he was going out to break Keita's ribs. You're kidding yourself if you don't think he intentionally made contact with Keita's chest with his elbow though.
As someone who used to be a bit of a dirty bastard on the pitch, I know that if I'd intentionally barged an opponent running towards me I wouldn't have ended up taking 2 steps backwards off balance.

Jarquis

Like I said, I don't think he was going out to genuinely hurt the bloke. I've played enough sport and football to know exactly where you're coming from. Kaka just didn't have that intent. He was fully aware of where he was jabbing his elbow though.

grecian

Not really getting the anger here, because of the situation, actually means Kaka misses the match against Portugal, a match that IC would want them to win. Really stupid actually, not exactly affecting the result of the match either.

Discraceful, but utterly counter-productive, good:)

Matteh

Keita ran into him, Kaka braced himself.
Have no idea why Keita thought to go down holding his face.

Fabiano and Lucio were worse throughout the game though, at least a couple of times each and Robinho had a go at the end and popped up straight away for the throw in.

L Trumper

State Regular
Kaka is on a yellow card, now he misses the next game and can go to the knockout stages without carrying it. On the otherhand portugal has chance to play against kaka less brazill, which is bad for ivorycoast.

Anyone who is thinking kaka run away from the foul looking suspicious, and he deliberately elbowed must be watching another game. The reason he jogged away to his half is because he already participated in skirmish couple of minutes, kinda lost his temper there. So to make sure not to get involved again he did that. Kaka is one of the few worldclass players who doesn't dive or try to cheat. Saying he mean it becuase he did not throw a temper tantrum at referee is nonsense. He kinda accepted referee's decision because he knows its better to miss against portugal rather in QF.

L Trumper

State Regular
Keita ran into him, Kaka braced himself.
Have no idea why Keita thought to go down holding his face.

Fabiano and Lucio were worse throughout the game though, at least a couple of times each and Robinho had a go at the end and popped up straight away for the throw in.
How many times? I remember watching the game thinking ivory coast stopped playing football and started only tackling. In fact referee is a bit lenient if he booked couple of players for one of those 30 sec free kicks, the match wouldn't have end in that way. Still great from brazil though; the short, slick passing make other teams look real dumb.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Both teams were pretty awful as far as diving goes, the Brazillians in particular. Shame because I thought that they were above that sort of thing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Kaka knew exactly what he was doing to Keita so deserved a 2nd yellow in my mind. The dive was horrendous yes, but that doesn't change Kaka's initial action.

L Trumper

State Regular
Both teams were pretty awful as far as diving goes, the Brazillians in particular. Shame because I thought that they were above that sort of thing.

Just because they started running in 30 sec, doesn't mean they dived. There is a possibility that at the time of impact it hurts more, which they can shrug off quickly. Ivory coast are dreadful during two parts of the game where they simply started to foul the brazilians. In fact the only way brazilians got to the final third from their box is with a slew of fouls committed against them. Although I'm pretty sure brazilians are generally go down quickly, its not the first time.