• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group G - Brazil, Korea DPR, Côte d'Ivoire, Portugal

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It was hilarious in the beginning when that Brazilian player worked the ball through the defender's legs but NK came to play today......

Looks like the Group of Death is even harder than people thought.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Defensively, the Juche Boys have been immense. Absolutely immense.

Been quite impressesed with their number 9 as well, playing as the lone striker in a system like this is a thankless shift.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
So gunning for North Korea here, reckon they've been awesome defensively, they've basically shut-out the Brazillian attack totally. That number 9 is a gun as well, love it how he tried to skin the whole Brazilian team in the first minute and nearly succeded.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Immense first half from the Beloved Leader's men.

Brazil very ordinary though, and while they're ranked no.1 and are tournament second favourites, on paper this is surely their least interesting or impressive team in years. The defence is strong, but there aren't too many midfielders or forwards in that squad who have been lighting things up at club level lately. Dunga being Dunga has them well organised and all, but it's hard to get too excited about the players out there.

Hopefully they'll come out and prove me wrong with a glut of goals in the second half, God knows the tournament needs it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Immense first half from the Beloved Leader's men.

Brazil very ordinary though, and while they're ranked no.1 and are tournament second favourites, on paper this is surely their least interesting or impressive team in years. The defence is strong, but there aren't too many midfielders or forwards in that squad who have been lighting things up at club level lately. Dunga being Dunga has them well organised and all, but it's hard to get too excited about the players out there.

Hopefully they'll come out and prove me wrong with a glut of goals in the second half, God knows the tournament needs it.
North Korea were always going to be a potential banana skin, in the qualifiers Brazil struggled against teams that parked the bus. They'll scrap their way to a win here, get through the group and they'll absolutely rape teams on the counter attack.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Coming from a non-Soccer fan's perspective, I don't really care about goals as much as I do about close games and surprises.

People said the game the other day was terrible, but I really enjoyed it because it was close and exciting.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Coming from a non-Soccer fan's perspective, I don't really care about goals as much as I do about close games and surprises.

People said the game the other day was terrible, but I really enjoyed it because it was close and exciting.
Yeah when I say the tournament needs goals I don't mean I want every game to be 4-3, some of the best games you'll ever see have goals at an absolute premium. What I'm getting annoyed with is the lack of invention, creativity or attacking flair being shown by most teams - the tournament IMO is crying out for some entertainment.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I'm getting annoyed by players continually going for 35 yard wonder strikes when virtually every shot goes about 50 foot into the stand behind. With the exception of Ronaldo and the captain of Slovakia, I haven't seen any efforts that really could have been called potential goals.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
North Korea were always going to be a potential banana skin, in the qualifiers Brazil struggled against teams that parked the bus. They'll scrap their way to a win here, get through the group and they'll absolutely rape teams on the counter attack.
Yeah possibly, though my comment about Brazil wasn't specific to this game - I just generally think it's a pretty ordinary squad by their standards.

Steulen

International Regular
I'm getting annoyed by players continually going for 35 yard wonder strikes when virtually every shot goes about 50 foot into the stand behind. With the exception of Ronaldo and the captain of Slovakia, I haven't seen any efforts that really could have been called potential goals.
Come on, they've all seen Rob Green and the Algerian keeper, so they've been ordered to shoot on sight.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
That was a gorgeous ball from Robinho.

Can Brazil become only the second team to hit more than two goals in a game?