Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Group G - Brazil, Korea DPR, Côte d'Ivoire, Portugal

FFS another dire game. So frustrating watching teams so inept at playing a quality ball in the final third or then being equally incapable of shooting at that 8 yard wide thing whilst keeping it below row Z.

That utterly moronic short corner at the end sums it up. Yea just let the referee blow the final whistle, don't bother getting it in the box eh. **** me.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steulen View Post
    <cough> <choke>. The dive was a f****** German invention FFS. They're as bad as anyone. Don't be cocky now just because they shot some limp kangaroos the other day.
    Football was an English invention and they're as bad as anyone. Just because they invented it doesn't mean they're still any good at it
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    FFS another dire game. So frustrating watching teams so inept at playing a quality ball in the final third or then being equally incapable of shooting at that 8 yard wide thing whilst keeping it below row Z.

That utterly moronic short corner at the end sums it up. Yea just let the referee blow the final whistle, don't bother getting it in the box eh. **** me.
    Spot on. That may have been the most disappointing game of all so far actually, given the talent that was on the pitch.

13 games, 20 goals.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    Spot on. That may have been the most disappointing game of all so far actually, given the talent that was on the pitch.

13 games, 20 goals.
    Just waiting for Brazil to score that many tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Football was an English invention and they're as bad as anyone. Just because they invented it doesn't mean they're still any good at it
    Indeed. Ozil yellow card clearly showed that the diving skills of this German side are far worse than in the Klinsmann era.
    President of RTDAS - Ryan ten Doeschate - The Freddie Flintoff of Associate Cricket
    Member of DNAS, ESAS - Dirk Nannes, Edgar Schiferli. Dutchmen can bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Delgado
    Steulen, are you half-Welsh? Cheer up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79
    God, I just worked out Steulen's avatar is a hedgehog, not a brain...
    Not sure how to feel now tbh...

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Ronaldo is an absolute disgrace to football, hate the **** so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Indeed. Ozil yellow card clearly showed that the diving skills of this German side are far worse than in the Klinsmann era.
    He backs up what I said about the Med though....on a technicality.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post

13 games, 20 goals.
    Yep probably the worst game so far.. Portugal keep on disappointing even in last WC all their games are kinda boring against HOL, ENG, FRA all of'em are meh..
    And european coaching system effecting all the africans teams, they kinda lost their identity, and royally ****ing up in the final 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by L Trumper View Post
    Yep probably the worst game so far.. Portugal keep on disappointing even in last WC all their games are kinda boring against HOL, ENG, FRA all of'em are meh..
    And european coaching system effecting all the africans teams, they kinda lost their identity, and royally ****ing up in the final 3rd.
    Few if any of the African sides have a genuine number 10 flair player, I don't see how you can blame the Europeans for that.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Ronaldo is an absolute disgrace to football, hate the **** so much.
    Ha ha

Watched the game with a couple of jockeys from Oz and after his first couple of swan dives, one said "who shot that ****?"

Disgraceful

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Few if any of the African sides have a genuine number 10 flair player, I don't see how you can blame the Europeans for that.
    Its not about flair, they are getting more and more physical. Its probably not because of european systems, but compare this style of play to senegal in 02, SA in 98 there is lot of difference.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    <cough> <choke>. The dive was a f****** German invention FFS. They're as bad as anyone. Don't be cocky now just because they shot some limp kangaroos the other day.
    Ozil's dive was doubly horrible because it was both blatant and totally unnecessary; the game was already won.

Three North Koreans play their football abroad, apparently. Three more foreign based players than we have then.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Quote Originally Posted by L Trumper View Post
    Its not about flair, they are getting more and more physical. Its probably not because of european systems, but compare this style of play to senegal in 02, SA in 98 there is lot of difference.
    Senegal in 2002 were all about physical power. It's always been a hallmark of African teams.

Look at guys like Drogba, Essien and Yaya Toure, they're excellent technically but being powerful physically is one of their main strengths as players.

Meanwhile Brazil continue the pedestrian theme of this World Cup with an unconvincing performance. And no goals. I know rooting for Brainwashed Korea is ethically unjustifiable, but COME ON THE COMMIES!

Ha ha yep, a democratic people's goal is exactly what this game needs right now. Would hopefully get Brazil to switch the **** on.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information