• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F - Italy, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well you'd have taken being level at the break wouldn't you?

Fair effort from NZ. So rooting for them to pull this off.

Meridio

International Regular
Good save there.

Italy have been very impressive, reckon the fact we've held them to one goal is pretty awesome considering how well they've played.
Yeah, been an obvious step up by the diving scumbags. Think our goal shook them into life.

On another note, what also annoys me about the penalty was the fact that even if he hadn't had his shirt held, there was no way the guy was going to get to it. Was well over his head.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Dunno if I'm happy with being even at the break. Mostly because Italy deserved a goal, but they didn't deserve THAT goal. There were 3 or more shots that I'd have accepted but that penalty was bull****.

Diving ****s.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was more of a penalty than Smeltz's was a goal though. Sides being level is a fair result imo. Hope they can gain some confidence from this and make it a really difficult half for the Italians.

andyc

Was loling at how the bloke was pulling his shirt from behind, yet he fell forwards. Meh.

Let's just hope that NZ can somehow cling on to this draw.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It was more of a penalty than Smeltz's was a goal though. Sides being level is a fair result imo. Hope they can gain some confidence from this and make it a really difficult half for the Italians.
Na Reid barely touched it. Mostly quite adverse to the Italian diving, if this ref calls a shirt pull for a penalty on goal then I won't whinge about it anymore. Can't help but feel the Italian players diving is influencing him though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Dunno if I'm happy with being even at the break. Mostly because Italy deserved a goal, but they didn't deserve THAT goal. There were 3 or more shots that I'd have accepted but that penalty was bull****.

Diving ****s.
Fair enough. But before the game if someone had offered you 1-1 at HT I reckon most EnZedders would've snatched his arm off for it.

Re: the penalty. Technically it was one, but the lack of consistency over shirt-pulling is infuriating. If a ref gives one he's obliged to give every one.

duffer

Na Reid barely touched it. Mostly quite adverse to the Italian diving, if this ref calls a shirt pull for a penalty on goal then I won't whinge about it anymore. Can't help but feel the Italian players diving is influencing him though.
Okay so he touched it and Smeltz was offside? Definitely no goal.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Fair enough. But before the game if someone had offered you 1-1 at HT I reckon most EnZedders would've snatched his arm off for it.

Re: the penalty. Technically it was one, but the lack of consistency over shirt-pulling is infuriating. If a ref gives one he's obliged to give every one.
Yeah definitely would have taken 1-1, just a bit tiffed that such a soft decision is the point against us. Especially after they've had some ****ing beauties at our goal. The one that went off the post deserved the point IMO.

99*

International Debutant
Really dislike how any contact is a foul.

Got to stop giving them possession as well.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't want to jinx him, but Paston looks a bollock waiting to be dropped to me. Doesn't instill confidence with his handling or his control.