• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - Netherlands, Denmark, Japan, Cameroon

PhoenixFire

International Coach
ESPN America shows a load of football, them and Fox have a channel that shows a ridiculous load. Think Setanta is still going in the US too.
Dunno if you're watching the same ESPN America as me, but I watch it loads and I don't think I've ever seen football on it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I never said they weren't. A regional tournament still doesn't capture anything like a world tournament, with very few exceptions.
I thought your comment on the US having no interest in a hypothetical European Championships involving them undersold it pretty hugely though. Might be true, but if you Yanks don't have it in you to appreciate such a great tournament then it's your problem rather than something wrong with the Euros :p.

Steulen

International Regular
Yeah. Poborsky lob in that tournament just as good imo.
I always found Poborsky's lob a bit strange. It was so high, I though he'd overdone it but it was a goal so it must have just been too good for mere mortals to comprehend.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dunno if you're watching the same ESPN America as me, but I watch it loads and I don't think I've ever seen football on it.
It's ESPN something, definitely isn't the English one because I'd be watching that on the TV instead of on the computer with no legal ambiguity involved.

duffer

Got some money on Robin to open the scoring tonight and some money on him scoring anytime. He's gonna do me proud I know it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking forward to this one tbh. I know the Dutch should win and win well, but the way things have been the past few days, who knows what might happen?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Only just switched over after watching England beat the Wallabies (:cool:), but seems a fairly disjointed game so far. Japan look v much in it tho.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Carn Japan, England and Germany have both failed me, so it's up to my third team to strike it lucky.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
RvP's finishing leaving a little to be desired so far.

Given how the Dutch have performed so far I wonder if his and Sneijder's mutual contempt is poisoning the atmosphere a bit? Haven't clicked yet, anyway.

duffer

Japan fancy themselves as the bes tteam in Asia and look like it right now. I thought they'd finish bottom of this group but have been really impressive so far. If they qualify the two teams who don't would be ropeable I'd imagine.

edit: Wow, that's ridiculous keeping.

Last edited: