• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - Netherlands, Denmark, Japan, Cameroon

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cameroon's passing, final ball and crossing were absolutely atrocious. Even Wright-Phillips has more basic ball skill than that.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
This game was fun to watch!
Lol are you being serious? Totally dire match, the skill-set and effort of the players was absolutely dire. WTF wasn't Alex Song playing, is he injured or something? Would have been the best player on the pitch by a long way.

nick-o

State 12th Man
Why the Euros >>>>> World Cup for me, 2 utterly mediocre sides who have no right calling themselves one of the 32 best teams.
I don't think either team "call themselves one of the 32 best teams"

I think they qualified for the WC fair and sqaure, and will take their chances.

By your reckoning, the Netherlands and Denmark will inevitably go through to the last 16, and of course that can still happen. But if, for example, Japan go through ahead of one of the Euro teams, will that change your mind?

I've lived most of the last 20 years in Tokyo, and have watched Japan go from falling agonizingly short of qualifying for the WC, to qualifying for the first time, scoring their first-ever goal, winning their first-ever match, and now winning "away from home" for the first-ever time.

That is what the World Cup is about -- it's about dreams coming true, step by step. You can do your Euro stuff every four years, and have fun with it, but the World Cup is about so much more than that, and if you can't see that then I don't know why you bother watching it.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol are you being serious? Totally dire match, the skill-set and effort of the players was absolutely dire. WTF wasn't Alex Song playing, is he injured or something? Would have been the best player on the pitch by a long way.
Manager said he was going to bench him a few days ago. Was tactical.
****ing idiot.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Thought it was some sort of bad joke when I heard it. And playing Eto'o on the right wing!?!

That bloke needs his head examined.

R_D

International Debutant
Why the Euros >>>>> World Cup for me, 2 utterly mediocre sides who have no right calling themselves one of the 32 best teams.
Ah it's that time of the season again where Europeans claim Euro cup >>>> world cup.
What have France, England povided in this world cup so far? Boring games?
Didn't watch the Italian game last night... Knowing the Italians... would've been boring as hell.
So far Argentina, Germany and the south Africa match have been good to watch.

Tbh the Europeans have ruined football to certain extent with over emphasis on defending and having correct shape n just being too technical.... If I want to watch that ****... I watch it every year.... BPL, La-liga etc etc...
World cup is the chance to see what teams from other continents provide....love the attackng play of most south Americans and enthusiams of African teams is great.... They may not have the best set of skills but at least they play the game ...The way It's supposed to play... At least for me...

I enjoyed the Germans game and do appreciate the Spanish team... Most other games involving euro teams are pretty boring..... You expect a boring match because both teams are just too scared to attack.

World cup has never been about best 32 teams...

Last edited: