Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Group D - Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    (@ Ausage) Fifa Regs Art 17(6):

In the league format, the ranking in each group is determined as follows:
    a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
    b) goal difference in all group matches;
    c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.

If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings will be determined as follows:

d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
    e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
    f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
    g) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.
    Given that they tied, it would go to a drawing of lots.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Always a red, current climate etc.

Tackles like that (studs up, in the ankles etc) are often given yellows, despite the laws. It's the refs not wanting to make a big call that will have a major effect on the game. Kind like how pushing/grabbing is ok in the box for a defender but not for an attacker.
    Didn't worry him 10 minutes earlier though..
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    As I said to Sledger mate, put him in a white shirt 24 hours earlier and you'd be busting your balls over it..
    I won't go round in circles and argue the rest so just wanted to take this point up. You're probably right but that's hardly indicative of whether it was right or wrong as I wear my heart on my sleever when cheering my teams on. I honestly wasn't cheering against you lot yesterday, and as soon as I saw the replay I thought the ref had got it 100% right. I was surprised by Kewell's reaction and surprised by the reaction in here tbh.

I will flip it round though, if it happened at the other end would you not feel aggrieved not to get the pen?
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    I won't go round in circles and argue the rest so just wanted to take this point up. You're probably right but that's hardly indicative of whether it was right or wrong as I wear my heart on my sleever when cheering my teams on. I honestly wasn't cheering against you lot yesterday, and as soon as I saw the replay I thought the ref had got it 100% right. I was surprised by Kewell's reaction and surprised by the reaction in here tbh.

I will flip it round though, if it happened at the other end would you not feel aggrieved not to get the pen?
    There are really 2 points here

Most people felt that it warranted a penalty but not a send off

Unfortunately, the rules do not grant that leeway

If it was "deliberate", then send off, penalty and suspension

If not, no foul

IMO, after countless replays, there's little doubt that it wasnt deliberate and it should've been play on - guy was simply hit by a ball struck at speed from a few yards away

However, I can see how the ref ****ed up

Having said that, what really pisses me off is the failure to award a blatant penalty to Kewell after 90 seconds and reluctance to send off the Ghanaian after an infinitely worse challenge than Cahill's in the previous match

At half time, it should've been 10 on 10 with Australia potentially 2- 1 up if they converted a clear cut penalty

Game over

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Haha, and we all complain about umpiring in cricket. We're really not so badly off; umpires have ten times the ability to ruin the game in soccer/ football. Not just their fault - the lack of a middle ground in the options for a referee in the above example inevitably leads to huge inconsistency. In fact anything to do with infringements in the penalty box is a total lottery.

Get all excited every 4 years for the World Cup, but it also serves as a reminder why I don't watch more soccer in between times.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Have Australia in the staff WC sweepstake. There are prizes for (i) most goals conceded in the group stage and (ii) worst disciplinary record in the group stage.

Haven't even seen the incident, but definite penalty and certain red card IMO.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post

Personally mate, I wouldn't complain were it not given, as imho the ball hit him, not vice versa. I'd feel sorry for anyone that happened to. If he stuck his arm out and parried it down, would have no drama tbh.

But as Social said, the bigger blow up is the penalty not given at t'other end, and the chopper on Bres staying on.

Just confounds me tbh. Still, we ha our chances, not denying that. Bloody hell, an ounce of luck and despite our direness vs Der Krauts, we'd be equal top of the group. Readily confess it stings plenty.
    Last edited by Burgey; 20-06-2010 at 04:21 PM.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    TBH, I kinda feel we're cursed at the WC. In 06 there was the Japanese goal where they pushed Schwarzer in order to score; then the 3 cards and rugby tackles against Croatia; then Grosso with Italy. This installment: Cahill sent off very softly and Kewell off now too. Bloody hell...
    ★★★★★

I got a feeling, woohoooo........

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Jesus saves

member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

So, is it a 4 or 430 kick off? Got a feeling the extra half hour sleep, if available, will be very handy.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    4:30 says SMH.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    So, is it a 4 or 430 kick off? Got a feeling the extra half hour sleep, if available, will be very handy.

Yeah, I reckon kick off will be at 4:30 just like the Germany game.

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    This morning is going to be a struggle. Completely worth it though.

Cannot wait. I hope Australia plays with a proper striker up-front, I heard the suggestion last night Holman might play up-front

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Any body else here supporting Germany ?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread Information