Cricket Player Manager
Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Group D - Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    Only if Ghana beat Germany, which isn't bloody likely.

If we beat Serbia 1-0 and Germany draws with Ghana (best possible case IMO), it's:

Germany 4 GD +3
    Ghana 4 GD 0
    Australia 4 GD -2
    Serbia 4 GD -1

Looks like we have to beat Serbia 2-0 or more, Germany draws with Ghana and we go through on head-to-head.

If Ghana beats Germany and we beat Serbia, obviously we're through.

Too many variables for mine.
    Nowhere near best case.

Best possible case would be 3-0 Germany, with us getting up 2-0. That would do it and neither result is far beyond the realms of possibility.

Actually would it? What happens if two teams that drew with each other end up on the same points total and F/A?
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Pretty disgusting that an Australian would find it humorous that their team suffered misfortune. Sure, it's fine not to give a **** (I personally care very little), but to get joy out of it? Ridiculous.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Was my initial reaction tbf. You're hard-pressed to unequivocally call it a "deliberate handball". In the split-second he had to react, Kewell could have been either getting his arms out of the way in order to block it with his chest or spreading himself in an effort to block it with his arms. Kewell himself might not even know which, but that's the decision the ref has to make.

It's not deliberate handball, its deliberately stopping a goalscoring chance by unfair means.

Kewells on the line to stop the shot, He stands his ground, or tries to block the shot. Either way his intent is to stop that ball going in (unless he's physically moving out of the way of the shot). Whether intentional or not, he does not do so by a legal means, and Australia benefit by not conceeding due to his intention to block that was not done legally. Hence the pen and red.

Personally advocate changing the automatic red if a pens awarded, but thats a different argument.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Nowhere near best case.

Best possible case would be 3-0 Germany, with us getting up 2-0. That would do it and neither result is far beyond the realms of possibility.

Actually would it? What happens if two teams that drew with each other end up on the same points total and F/A?
    Ooh, I forgot to factor in Ghana's GD if they lose. I stand corrected.

I think the tiebreaker on same points and goals is total goals scored then head-to-head, I think. If that's a draw it's a drawing of lots. Probably wrong on that count too.
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 19-06-2010 at 11:23 AM.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    You're a soccer hater, and you go to cinemas to watch matches.

Wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Admire your uncompromising anti-association football stance, but thought as a patriotic Aussie you'd still be rooting for the Socceroos?
    Haha, was a mate's birthday so had to suck it up and do whatever he wanted. Moved on to the pub at half time because the cinema sucked and got to watch the cricket as well

ftr don't hate the sport, just the bandwagon fans and media. Pretty sure I've posted in the EPL thread before.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Seriously, **** off FIFA!

Half-time should've been at least 1-1, 10 vs 10, and a clear-cut penalty to Oz to make it 2-1

Cant believe that these corrupt ****s slipped up to such a degree as to allow Germany to be beaten

Oz arent great by any means but we deserve better than this!

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Pretty disgusting that an Australian would find it humorous that their team suffered misfortune. Sure, it's fine not to give a **** (I personally care very little), but to get joy out of it? Ridiculous.
    Nah, has more to do with the fact Kewell is the biggest wanker on the planet and there was a delicious irony to him getting sent off after all the dramas during the week with him vs Cockerill.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Haha, was a mate's birthday so had to suck it up and do whatever he wanted. Moved on to the pub at half time because the cinema sucked and got to watch the cricket as well

ftr don't hate the sport, just the bandwagon fans and media. Pretty sure I've posted in the EPL thread before.
    UnAustralian. Just UnAustralian.

To make an unnecessarily extreme analogy, if a country goes to Iraq you may be disgusted at the gung-ho hawk sections of the media and weekend columnists making hypothetical military strategies but do you support the troops themselves or not?

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Nah, has more to do with the fact Kewell is the biggest wanker on the planet and there was a delicious irony to him getting sent off after all the dramas during the week with him vs Cockerill.
    How is that even close to being irony??

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Ah, Australia should have won that I reckon. Thought the red was about right, if the penalty is given then there is no choice but to send him off. I can understand people saying it shouldn't have been given but really, an arm has stopped the ball going in, it's always going to be given. Harsh on Kewell but he made himself look a right prat.

Still, it's still alive going into the last game. Some exciting group finishes coming up next week.
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    God, Wilkshire. What might have been.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    UnAustralian. Just UnAustralian.

To make an unnecessarily extreme analogy, if a country goes to Iraq you may be disgusted at the gung-ho hawk sections of the media and weekend columnists making hypothetical military strategies but do you support the troops themselves or not?
    See above post.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Bollocks actually. You haven't had a ball hit at you that hard in your life. Tell me how, watching it at real speed and not the slow motion we all play at, how he deliberately handled the ball.

Let him be in one of those white shirts that were playing yesterday and see what you'd think. It was a poor decision mate.
    Yeah exactly, thought he looked to be steeling himself to get drilled in the chest rather than trying to deliberately stop the ball with his arm on the slow motion replay. Pretty unlucky, but I guess it' s done now. If it'd hit him fair in the middle of the scone and ricocheted over the bar it would've been nice.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    How is that even close to being irony??
    Not sure a) whether this is worth continuing for past bad blood or b) because emotions seem to be running high, however because you asked, there was an article written about him saying Kewell was all style and no substance and that he hadn't done anything for years, Kewell then proceeded to act like a right tit, both in the media and behind the scenes in response. Kewell then gets a game, and gets sent off in the first few minutes....

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Ah, Australia should have won that I reckon. Thought the red was about right, if the penalty is given then there is no choice but to send him off. I can understand people saying it shouldn't have been given but really, an arm has stopped the ball going in, it's always going to be given. Harsh on Kewell but he made himself look a right prat.

Still, it's still alive going into the last game. Some exciting group finishes coming up next week.
    No probs with the penalty and, if that is the case, then it's a red

But what about Kewell being hacked down in the box after about a minute and the tackle from behind in the second half?

Football is such a corrupt sport

I watched the game with British commentators and Hateley (?) and Platt felt that Ghana should've finished with 9 at most and that the ref should be banished from the WC

Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread Information