• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Enjoyed every minute of the game this morning. The way we bounced back since the Germany game is commendable. I believe it was the first and only time in my life I have ever screamed "HOLMAN YOU ****ING BEAUTY!".

Sorry neighbours.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah awesome work Craigos...

Seriosuly, worst post and deleted. Aside from the fact that it was stupid in it's own right, I've already warned PF for pretty much the same thing, so why bother?

There's a difference between banter and the crap posted on the last page or so, any more posts like it will be deleted.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
So I guess you missed the goal that was wrongly called offside and Australia's blatant hand-ball inside the box that was a cast-iron penalty?

What a surprise.
I know I'm late, but you're seriously dead set joking if you think that was a penalty. Honestly can't believe you are serious. I can only assume you were trying to wind up social.

Anyway so proud of the team. The Germany game unsurprisingly got us in the end, we bounced back really well in difficult circumstances.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Germany not a great side, think it is 50/50, will probably go to penalties I think.

The idea of England winning the thing is of course (always has been) ridiculous especially with the draw we have now got.

(Grecian still right though)
Haha, my support for Germany doesn't really have a lot to do with their footballing ability so to speak. It basically comes down to the fact that I like the place as a country, and their team can actually pass the ball along the ground rather than lumping it forward hopelessly as England seem to be so fond of doing. The fact that I pretty much dislike every England player in the starting eleven from last night apart from David James and Matthew Upson is probably another key reason why I find it hard to get behind England in any way other than one which is pretty apathetic.

Craig

World Traveller
Would it change if people (ie the media) let 1966 go? Why do they still harp on about this?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Would it change if people (ie the media) let 1966 go? Why do they still harp on about this?
It would make things a lot more tolerable from my point of view. I really hate the british media's attitude to the England football team, it's either total euphoria or doom and gloom, and it can swing from one to the other for the smallest of reasons. The obsession with 1966 really grates with me though, it is mentioned EVERY time England play any match of any sort. I hate seeing all the adverts with some guy dressed up as Bobby Moore with the tag line "time to join the immortals", just **** off and let the team get on with it.

R_D

International Debutant
Great effort by Australia.... it was an awesome performance...... made everyone proud. :D

The crowd at Darling harbour was crap.....no noise whatsoever.... was rather boring.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I know I'm late, but you're seriously dead set joking if you think that was a penalty. Honestly can't believe you are serious. I can only assume you were trying to wind up social.

Anyway so proud of the team. The Germany game unsurprisingly got us in the end, we bounced back really well in difficult circumstances.
Erm nope, not joking. I don't really care enough about social to bother trying to wind him up.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes.

I hate Craig Foster so much.

The Socceroos were gallant. But let's not ****ing pretend like they're some kind of heroes.

Hate that Foster is able to write for The Age.

The **** are they thinking?