• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Appalling performance from our blokes so far here. Dunno what Bertos has done to our blokes' sisters, but a couple of those tackles were diabolical.

NZ deservedly in front here.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Have to say Australia should be down to 9 men. Horrible tackles those, and will be fuming if Bertos is ruled out of the cup.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Appalling performance from our blokes so far here. Dunno what Bertos has done to our blokes' sisters, but a couple of those tackles were diabolical.

NZ deservedly in front here.
Pretty much my thoughts on the first half too. A really tidy display from New Zealand so far and a rather wayward one from the Australians; some of those tackles particularly vicious.

99*

International Debutant
Not sure if it's just Australia not taking it as serious as NZ tbh, but that goal was weak.

Seemed to want to play a bit tougher after going behind though. :ph34r:

James

Cricket Web Owner
All Whites did us proud despite the result. Just needed a bit of luck.

The Aussies will certainly have to turn it on a bit better than that if they have any hope of getting out of their group. Have to feel the Germans would have put at least 4 past the Aussies if they were playing tonight.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Gah! Horrible luck, we really didn't deserve to lose, we had the best chances, dominated the first half, and after the first 20 minutes of the second we settled down and held our own. Fallon will be rightfully gutted for missing a goal that was served up on a plate for him. Nonetheless, an encouraging performance. I'm a lot less worried that we'll be embarrassed in SA now.

99*

International Debutant
Can't believe it. Played so well for most of the game.

Fallon's header in the second half should've gone in too.

:cry:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think it was altogether unwarranted. We'd just lost a game minutes earlier, with the winning goal coming 18 seconds after the end of added time. I thought it was quite mean-spirited to come along and kick us when we were down.

Steulen

International Regular
I don't think it was altogether unwarranted. We'd just lost a game minutes earlier, with the winning goal coming 18 seconds after the end of added time. I thought it was quite mean-spirited to come along and kick us when we were down.
That's football, putting the boot in. Welcome to the show.

Nah, sorry, comment was uncalled for. Apologies.