• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Craig

World Traveller
There's no way you'll get Ozil off of Bremen, they only sold Diego so they could bring him through and you'd probably have to pay them 30m+ to get a chance to talk to him.
Watching him play last season and the season before I had always wondered what Schalke were smoking to sell him.

Craig

World Traveller
I have no problems being beaten by a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better team (3/4-1 would've been a fair result) but what is it with refs and Australia at the WC

First goal - blatant offside by at least 1 player (not interfering with play my arse, that's why a couple of players were drawn to the guy who was a couple of metres off side inside the box)

Handball - didnt know that defenders were allowed to catch the ball

Cahill's send off - **** me, now you know why Ozzies dont regard football as a contact sport

Anyway, I hate soccer and am reverting to rugby league - the true test of world domination
AFAIC Australia was lucky it wasn't 4 or 5 nil at half time given that Germany missed a couple of genuine goal scoring opportunities.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WTF? Australia, I thought you'd lose to Germany, but 4-0? Even without Cahill?

That's deplorable.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahha Social.

Anyway did not enjoy that result as much as I thought I would, Germany just a bit too good.

Son Of Coco

Our players are tough mate, won't get a player trying to rip a guy's finger off with his arsehole in rugby. It'll be occupied another way.

Disappointing, yet not unexpected, result this morning. Now all I've got to look forward to is giving NZ and South Korea some support and the Poms inevitable simpering exit sometime before the final.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Geez with a lesser keeper there Australia would have gone down 12-0.

Seriously underrated performance IMO.
Doesn't matter. When as a goalkeeper you're directly at fault for one goal, and should have saved a second you didn't have a good game. A few good saves can't make up for it.

We all knew the loss was going to happen, but that ref seriously ****ed our WC. That moron better be sacked for that garbage. I don't suppose there's any chance of Timmeh's suspension being revoked on the grounds of common decency?

Germany were fantastic. We were never going to stand a chance if they played as well as they could. Well done.

Keep the trolling up rest of the world. Like duffer said it's flattering imo. Watching so many of you wet your pants over a footballing minnow getting smashed by a world power and **** refereeing is pretty hilarious.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol soccer.

Bet Germany can't beat us at a sport anyone cares about, like Aussie Rules or the Melbourne Cup.

Dydl

International Debutant
Just thought it was interesting to note that, according to the SMH, after the game "Schweinsteiger stopped, tapped him [Cahill] on the shoulder and said: 'That was not a red card.' "

Mister Wright

Started to watch the game, 5 minutes is as far as I got before I had to watch it on one speed. Bloody German's and their taking 3 minutes to move the ball 20 metres down field. It was probably more pronounced on one speed, but the German's well and truely looked much classier than the Aussies. There defense seemed to crowd Australia any time we got near the goal, whereas we seemed to give them plenty of space.

Now, I don't know much about soccer, but it seems pretty risky to try and force offsides against such a classy side, but then I don't know much about soccer.

pasag

RTDAS
Started to watch the game, 5 minutes is as far as I got before I had to watch it on one speed. Bloody German's and their taking 3 minutes to move the ball 20 metres down field. It was probably more pronounced on one speed, but the German's well and truely looked much classier than the Aussies. There defense seemed to crowd Australia any time we got near the goal, whereas we seemed to give them plenty of space.

Now, I don't know much about soccer, but it seems pretty risky to try and force offsides against such a classy side, but then I don't know much about soccer.
Imagine how it would have looked on coke.

R_D

International Debutant
lol at this thread...

Some interesting arguments here....:laugh:

Australia beaten by a better team..... no shame in that..... Just feel bad about Tim Cahill though..... so need him for the next 2 matches...
Whats with Australia and no strikers today.....