• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - England, United States, Algeria, Slovenia

Majin

International Debutant
Can't wait for tomorrow, pretty excited and a bit nervous as well. I knew before the draw that we'd get the Yanks this WC and I am both looking forward to it and hating it. Know far too many Americans that don't really care about football but will talk massive amounts of ****e if they beat us and if it happens it will be unbearable. Fancy the yanks to do well this year as well, think they have a good squad and definitely capable of springing some surprises in the tournament.

But yeah looking forward to it, and I'm going to be shouting my head off in support of Emile Heskey if he plays, he is a glorious man, I don't care how crap he is. He is a genius. Can't do this sort of thing at CW but on another forum I post at that allows signature images I am rocking these Heskey battle colours:

just look at that face. how can you not love The Whale?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do they call him The Whale because the Japanese try to harpoon him?

Come on the Yanks.

God, feel dirty just saying it. Still, better than following England I suppose.

R_D

International Debutant
I'll supporting England in this match..... hopefully Joe Cole starts... my favourite England player.... he's so unlike English players. When he's fit and in good form..... Just an awesome player to watch :)

Hope he fires at this world cup....

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I really want to support England, because they're playing the USA, but English football fans are just so annoying, as shown above, and it's quietly hilarious when they flop at the world cup.

I really have no idea who I want to win.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Loving the Aussie hate for us, it's as tragic as the Taffs, Jocks & Paddies. You must all really hate us to spend half your life, you know, watching and talking about English football.

English football fans aren't annoying, we just know we're better than you :p

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loving the Aussie hate for us, it's as tragic as the Taffs, Jocks & Paddies. You must all really hate us to spend half your life, you know, watching and talking about English football.

English football fans aren't annoying, we just know we're better than you :p
Now you know how us Aussie cricket fans feel, I guess.

grecian

It's The Sun. 'nuff said.
yeah. saying the Scum represents English football fans is like saying Fox news represents all Americans views on football.

Still not really excited yet, sure it'll change nearer the match.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Now you know how us Aussie cricket fans feel, I guess.
Yeah, after all, the Aussie cricket domestic thread is chocker full of English fans going on about how much they love South Australia and New South Wales.

Still, if we go out of the World Cup, I'll be sure to do it gracefully by going on about how the only reason we lost was because we didn't play to our potential and was nothing to do with the other team

duffer

Haha gismh, you've got it all wrong. I don't hate English football, just this national team.

When a team is packed full of players who all play for your club side's rivals and 5 of whom come from your closest rivals then I'm not sure why I should support them in any way shape or form.

Jarquis

Understand where duffer's coming from. Don't like this England team at all but obviously still want them to do well because it's England.