• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - England, United States, Algeria, Slovenia

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow.

What the ****, thought this was international football? I keep for my team in indoor soccer and do far better than the crap I'm seeing in this World Cup.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Think this keeper pretty much had to be picked because of heroics against Egypt in qualifying.

Not that the man on the bench is much better, but at least has a bit more experience.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Let's take a look at the highlights of the match."

This won't take long.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Same as always for the opening games of these tournaments, no-one wants to lose, first up.

Couple of decent matches, which is about par, but as others have said, Spain, Brazil and Holland to come, so we'll see how they go at it.

Can't judge the England games entertainment worth, because I never enjoy watching us play, bit like I never enjoy watching Exeter play, dunno why I follow football really:unsure:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I reckon the next game should be a good one. Algeria-Slovenia was steaming stinking faeces but let's be honest, it was bound to be

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Masses of empty seats at Algeria-Slovenia, yet again. Sure, on paper that was one of the WC's least interesting matches, but this is still becoming a rather worrying trend.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The locals may be priced out of the tournament TBH. Happens all the time in the poorer countries. You can justify spending $200 when it's a few days salary, but hard to justify it when that's your monthly income.

I don't know if that's the case, but it's certainly possible - especially with some of the news I've been hearing about local food and other vendors being forced to leave in favor of McDonalds and Coke. Seriously, what kind of morons go to South Africa and eat McDonalds and Coke? The best food is always the street stuff anyway.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
The locals may be priced out of the tournament TBH. Happens all the time in the poorer countries. You can justify spending $200 when it's a few days salary, but hard to justify it when that's your monthly income.

I don't know if that's the case, but it's certainly possible - especially with some of the news I've been hearing about local food and other vendors being forced to leave in favor of McDonalds and Coke. Seriously, what kind of morons go to South Africa and eat McDonalds and Coke? The best food is always the street stuff anyway.
Maybe the same American fans that went who didn't know any of the names of American players? :ph34r:

BTW, that really did happen. They interviewed loads and they were like 'Gee, umm, let me think about that one for a second. Erm nope, can't help you there.' Was hilarious.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Maybe the same American fans that went who didn't know any of the names of American players? :ph34r:

BTW, that really did happen. They interviewed loads and they were like 'Gee, umm, let me think about that one for a second. Erm nope, can't help you there.' Was hilarious.
That's cause we don't care about soccer. But if there's one thing that matters to Americans, it's food. Well, besides winning. :p