• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - England, United States, Algeria, Slovenia

cover drive man

International Captain
I'll be honest, I enjoyed seeing england draw against usa more than when they beat paraguay 1-0 in their first game of the last world cup in 2006. It was much more entertaining and I suppose that's why we love watching football, and sport in general.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Hey Sam, what's with the avatar?

I didn't tag you to be a fundamentalist. Leave us alone FFS - we like freedom of speech and emancipation of women.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So you think they shouldn't even try to string together three passes in a row? Cunning plan.
Yeah sorry mate, I'm just an ignorant Australian, know nothing, should just get back in my box.

Have to have played at a lot of WCs and done **** all to have a view, I'd forgotten :ph34r:

Dunno why I got upto watch. Silly me.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yeah sorry mate, I'm just an ignorant Australian, know nothing, should just get back in my box.
Showing infinitely more football knowledge than certain other colonials, anyway.

England were awful, yeah. It's just that the US were so much worse... :laugh:

Burgey

Showing infinitely more football knowledge than certain other colonials, anyway.

England were awful, yeah. It's just that the US were so much worse... :laugh:
Yeah true. I just wonder though, if they don't care as long as they got that result.

Howard a wonderful game, it must be said. Hope Schwarzer does something similar tomorrow. I think he'll be busy too.

flibbertyjibber

Was Rooney on the pitch for the first hour?

Defensively we were awful,Carragher is useless and as for Green.:laugh:

Draw not the end of the world but it showed why we aren't serious contenders to win it though.Then again a win on Friday and the press will be saying it is ours to lose.:laugh:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah England were not utterly dire today, they were just not very good and that should not surprise anyone but Charragher is a massive worry.

They were better than France anyway....

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England played alright, Heskey justified being there, America had one proper chance and that was saved.
England were one ****e goalkeeper away from an easy stroll of a victory as the USA created nothing and weren't a threat.

Bigger worry than that fluke error was 'the man of the tournament' Rooney being named on the teamsheet and then only appearing on the pitch in the 80th minute.