• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Goal difference would be the same, and Korea would have scored one more goal. Or am I missing something?
You sure? South Korea are already on -1, so if they lose by a goal they'll be on -2. Nigeria are on -2 so if they win by one they move to -1.

Greece are on -1 currently, so any defeat means they'll be worse off.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to say I found this to be one of the more entertaining matches of the tournament so far.

It wasn't always pretty, but it was action-packed. Really enjoyed it.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Yup. Both teams played to their entertainment potential, at least. Keeper has a decent shout in the Could'vebeens XI.

And to those of you dissing the red card - do you know how much a half-dozen studs in the thigh hurts?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Actually turned out to be a decent game, yes. It was more the closeness of the scores rather than the quality of the football that held the interest I think, but enjoyed it.

Red card was probably the making of the game, tbh. Gave Greece belief.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
25 goals in the first 16 games, 11 in the last three. Opening-match tentativeness out of the way, it would seem.

Uppercut

Yeah, I think that'll continue. Wins generally become relatively more important than not losing in the second round of matches.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah really got going now Chile were great to watch then we had the massive upset and now plenty of goals in the second round.

That was such a stupid sending off though, totally idiotic. Were winning that game so comfortably.

Greece still a bad England side multiplied by 100 though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If an opposing player does something which would be deemed violent contact, then provided that he makes contact I'd hit the deck.
Yeah, fair enough, I'm thinking more of when players hold their heads after being touched on the arm or whatever

Burgey

Argies currently playing the most eye-candied football in the Cup so far. Have a tendency to **** themselves for a few minutes every time an error gets pounced upon, but they really are looking like contenders right now.
AwtWhelan.

Certainly not my favourite sporting team, but their passing game is ****ing sublime to watch.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Help a brother out. There's a defender (I think) playing for Argentina. He's a tank, with lots of hair tied back and some facial hair happening. What's his name?

EDIT: Think I mean Gutierrez, who is apparently a midfielder.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Help a brother out. There's a defender (I think) playing for Argentina. He's a tank, with lots of hair tied back and some facial hair happening. What's his name?

EDIT: Think I mean Gutierrez, who is apparently a midfielder.
Is ****, in all honesty. Accident waiting to happen.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So think it's fair to say Argentina are going through (they'd have to lose by 3 goals to have a chance of being knocked out), but any one of the other three could quite easily go through too.

Hopefully this one doesn't peter out like the earlier group.