• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece

King Pietersen

International Captain
Another fine save from Enyeama, he's been excellent. Was the first time I've seen Di Maria get properly involved too. He's just not been given the ball at all, been in space on the left many times but just hasn't been given the service. I've got him in my Fantasy side so was hoping he'd make a big impact today, been disappointing.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guess that was a good performance by Argentina but very poor finishing and got a bit scrappy at the end.

Veron and Mascherano were great though.

Jonas to be punished against better sides as well.

Xuhaib

International Coach
the Nigerian keeper will be getting a good contract this season at one of the better European clubs.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Epic header by Heinze. How the **** do you keep that out?

Oh, and the Nigerian keeper was stupendous. Will be the bane of the group for mine.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Nigeria's footballing intelligence and craft embarrassingly bad today - Argentina look amazing going forward, and the Veron/Masch axis was brilliant mopping up, but like everyone has said I'd worry about the Argie's defence against a team that's remotely good.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Nigeria's footballing intelligence and craft embarrassingly bad today - Argentina look amazing going forward, and the Veron/Masch axis was brilliant mopping up, but like everyone has said I'd worry about the Argie's defence against a team that's remotely good.
Says alot about how dire Argentina's finishing was that they only managed one goal.

Pothas

Higuain was poor, must be under pressure with the amount of strikers they have available, not from Martin Palermo though.

Veron, fantastic though what a great player.

social

Veron was given a caning by the commentators (e.g. Terry Venables) on the telecast I watched and deservedly so as he went through periods where his passes would not have hit a barn door

shivfan

Banned
Says alot about how dire Argentina's finishing was that they only managed one goal.
At least Argentina created the chances....

They have the quality in attack, and if they can start firing again, it's going to be a difficult time for their opponents.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bah, said I'd take the kids out this afternoon, didn't realise it would be the dirty Argies I'd miss

So I'm calling it now, 5-0 to South Korea

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Ha ha, embarrassingly simple - Koreans waiting for an offside flag that, rightly, never came.

Craig

World Traveller
Why do footballers always wait for the offside flag in that sutuation? Wouldn't you just still try to stop the player from having a free header. You know, play to the whistle.

What save to stop di Maria from scoring

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh: That's magnificent. This half has redefined the term one-way traffic and yet somehow the Koreans are right back in this.

Spark

Global Moderator
LOL

is how I describe that goal.

Argentina astonishing again forward. Tevez especially, Messi has been "solid" by his standards.

But again. LOL at the end.

Scaly piscine

Commentators going on about Messi's great awareness when trying that little dink. Yea great awareness try a nothing shot that has a 0.001% chance of resulting in a goal (Robert Green excepted) instead of hitting a proper non-puffy strike that has a 15-25% chance of resulting in a goal. Brilliant stuff.