• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't be so sure. You can't drink in the seats at English footy anyway,

And there aren' really 'minnows' in the WC

Euro 96 didn't sell out everywhere, contrary to my earlier post, but I think if it was a World Cup they'd fill up, footy attendances are generally higher than they were in 1996 anyway.

Yeah rekon nearly all of them would sell out.

Two internationls I have been to are Jamaica v Australia, and Ghana v Nigeria (Amazing match at the home of football) and they were friendlies, would go to any game at the world cup to be honest.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah rekon nearly all of them would sell out.

Two internationls I have been to are Jamaica v Australia, and Ghana v Nigeria (Amazing match at the home of football) and they were friendlies, would go to any game at the world cup to be honest.
I didn't realise you'd been to PP

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Uruguay giving it a real lash; SA barely getting a touch. Although Christ knows why Uruguay're playing in white rather than their usual blue. White closer to yellow IMHO.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, would concur too.

SA do look cod ordinary tho. Living down to their billing as worst host nation ever.

Know he's not had the greatest season, but refuse to believe Benny McCarthy wouldn't have improved them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Basically, Saffa need France and Mexico to draw tomorrow, then they need to beat France and hope Uruguay beat or draw with mexico. I think.

Teams have gone through with 4 points before, but they've also finished bottom of the group with 4 points before. Haven't they Hakon? :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Should have to qualify as hosts, I've decided after watching Saffa tonight. Might have spared us some irish bleating - not actually sure where the extra place came from itbt

Scaly piscine

Basically, Saffa need France and Mexico to draw tomorrow, then they need to beat France and hope Uruguay beat or draw with mexico. I think.

Teams have gone through with 4 points before, but they've also finished bottom of the group with 4 points before. Haven't they Hakon? :)
Any result tomorrow gives South Africa some way of getting through and some way of going out even if they win.

Matteh

There was the group in Italia 90 or USA 94 involving Ireland where both the top team and the bottom team finished on 4 points.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
Can someone perhaps explain the reason for the goalie's red card to me, keeping in mind that the first full football match I've watched in my life was the SA-Mexico game? Is the goalie not allowed to touch the players at all or something? And wasn't the Uruguay chap offside for that last pass?

I'm not suggesting we should have won or anything, I'd just like to know if the tirade of ref-blasting is justified or not.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprise Moriri is my new favourite football player name ever.

What do you think his parents said when he asked for some reasoning behind his name? I wonder if bullies at school called him Mistake.