• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ok, 15 mins into the first game I've been able to watch and those ****ing horns are very, very old already. Gonna drive me deaf or mental by second week. :@

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha I don't mind the horns actually, couldn't really care less. Better than the stadiums being totally devoid of atmosphere for mine.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haha I don't mind the horns actually, couldn't really care less. Better than the stadiums being totally devoid of atmosphere for mine.
Not real atmosphere tho. Unless being buzzed by a swarm of mosquitos on steroids is your definition of it. They're actually killing the atmos, for my money. No proper chants, songs or even cheers, hardly.

SKD snr knows, tbh.

Steulen

International Regular
Not real atmosphere tho. Unless being buzzed by a swarm of mosquitos on steroids is your definition of it. They're actually killing the atmos, for my money. No proper chants, songs or even cheers, hardly.

SKD snr knows, tbh.
AWTA. In the first match I couldn't hear any difference in crowd noise between a random section of play and the moment right after SA had scored. Weird TSTL.

Rubbish game this so far BTW.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Is it just me, or are there are worrying amount of empty seats? Even in the very front rows you can see a loads of gaps..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
And another thing how is it that Sidney Govou is still being picked for France? Surely it is common knowledge these days that he is incredibly mediocre.

And though he is playing quite well today I can't fathom what justification there is for picking Abou Diaby ahead of Lassana Diarra, or even leaving Nasri out of the squad at his expense. Very odd imo.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Suarez seems to be more concerned with trying to get players booked/sent off than actually providing much attack threat. Is hard to gauge players who have a goal a game in such a ****ty league.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hard team to warm to, yer Urgayans. Just the right combo of cycnical fouls, play acting and brandishing of imaginary cards to confirm the average Anglo football fan's prejudices about latin americans.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, good. ****. Horrible tackle.

Govou's a ****ing carthorse; how Domenech preferred him to Nasri is beyond belief. How he started with him and kept him on looks like a practical joke.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chief cheateur warming up the posing routine because he happened to head the ball towards the same postcode as the goal.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Probly why the Prem's tv rights are worth the GDP of a middle size country, tbh. Makes (say) Wolves v Wigan look a rollercoaster ride.