Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Group A - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    YOU DONT NEED TO STAY ON THE GROUND FOR 2 MINS IF HE TOUCHES YOUR EAR!

Sure its a free, but get the **** up.
    It's funny how in soccer it's just so normalised.

In any other sport you would get absolutely slated as a soft piece of **** by your fellow players, opponents, fans and media if you stayed down, but in soccer the supporters and media seemingly just turn a blind eye to it.

Surely hitting the deck and holding your face as if you're going to cry in front of thousands of people is emasculating and down right embarrassing. Meh.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

All over, and the right two teams from that group through IMHO.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post

In any other sport you would get absolutely slated as a soft piece of **** by your fellow players, opponents, fans and media if you stayed down, but in soccer the supporters and media seemingly just turn a blind eye to it.

Surely hitting the deck and holding your face as if you're going to cry in front of thousands of people is emasculating and down right embarrassing. Meh.
    The fans are in denial and pretend it's not a problem. It is amazing how accepted it is. Seen it in every game I have watched so far, which is around 10.

Sure the ridiculous dives are made fun of, but the clutching your face or holding your leg then getting up 1 minute later is just a regular day.
    Last edited by Jono; 22-06-2010 at 10:10 AM.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    The fans are in denial and pretend it's not a problem. It is amazing how accepted it is. Seen it in every game I have watched so far, which is around 10.

Sure the ridiculous dives are made fun of, but the clutching your face or holding your leg then getting up 1 minute later is just a regular day.
    Nobody is in denial. If you read what I said in the other thread, then it's that there is no motivation for FIFA to change things because it will never be overtaken as the world's game.

It's also worth noting that these things are much more likely to happen on this stage than domestically. I attend between 30 and 50 games a season and while cheating still occurs it is nowhere near the same frequency as you see in the WC.

See more dangerous tackles though tbf
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post

This, to the letter. Can certainly see the positives in it, but can't imagine ever doing it myself simply because it'd be embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    If you clutch a body part when going down, you have to go off the field until you get an MRI. Safety first obv.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

No, that's ridiculous

You do realise footballers do actually get their ankles tapped away at all the time and have cause to legitimately go down, hold them? Obviously there are tonnes of excessive incidents but suggesting a player has to have an MRI is ridiculous. Players have to be taken off the pitch to receive treatment as it is, and tbh it's not a ruling that is greeted with worldwide delight, as it often means a team commits a foul then gets a brief one-man advantage.

Was at a match once where our penalty taker got legit chopped down in the box. The physio came on to check on him so the ref ruled he couldn't rejoin the field until play had already commenced...which obviously meant we couldn't take the penalty, and yeah, we missed.

There was a happy ending because a Luton player encroached so the kick was re-taken. The injured player was allowed to take the retake. Point still stands though.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    No, that's ridiculous

You do realise footballers do actually get their ankles tapped away at all the time and have cause to legitimately go down, hold them? Obviously there are tonnes of excessive incidents but suggesting a player has to have an MRI is ridiculous. Players have to be taken off the pitch to receive treatment as it is, and tbh it's not a ruling that is greeted with worldwide delight, as it often means a team commits a foul then gets a brief one-man advantage.
    There'd be a sub on immediately in this case. The fact is, out of 20 that I've seen, maybe two were legitimate 'clutch my ankle for more than a split second' type hits. Frankly if you're rolling around for more than a split second legitimately, you're not going to get up miraculously as soon as the ref makes his decision.

Also, I'd rather have more physical play and less crybabies than the other way around, so if the rules were maybe a little bit easier on the perpetrators, it's a price worth paying I'd think if it gets rid of this crap.

So hang on, you'd bring a sub on and then take him back off?

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Like a blood replacement in rugby?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

I think SS's heart is in the right place but I'd love to see his response if someone watched cricket for ten days then posted ten times a day about all the changes that should be made to the game.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    lol SS.

- Offside line
    - Reusable subs
    - Fights and enforcers.

What happened? Did the Flyers fail to bring home the Stanley Cup or something?
    orz

I think SS's heart is in the right place but I'd love to see his response if someone watched cricket for ten days then posted ten times a day about all the changes that should be made to the game.
    Pretty much how he does post about cricket tbf.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

hbf

I'd tell him why he was wrong . Which is fine. I'm just posting about a problem that I see with the sport in terms of my enjoyment, obviously if other people enjoy it the way it is, that's fine.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information