• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France

shivfan

Banned
Yeah, absolutely. Especially as Mexico are a very ordinary side so that means I can legitimately call France ****.

Im praying SA can embarass them further.
Mexico aren't that bad. A look at their record in World Cups since 1970 show that they're comparable to England's....

Yes, they had a bad first game, but so did England. Mexico played much better against France, and their defence in particular looked well organised.

But yes, France did look very poor, which was disappointing, considering how many good players they have in their side. Something is definitely wrong in the camp....

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There really aren't that many good players in France's side though, when you think about it. Anelka and Ribery the two star players, and both went into the tournament on a relatively poor run of form (as well as being widely overrated in general IMO).

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There really aren't that many good players in France's side though, when you think about it. Anelka and Ribery the two star players, and both went into the tournament on a relatively poor run of form (as well as being widely overrated in general IMO).
And Evra and Abidal and Gallas and Lloris and whoever else France have.

You can see the issue that they don't listen to the coach by the way Henry/Cisse et all all were pissing about down behind one of the goals instead of being near Domenech wanting to go on the pitch. Instead of all pitching in to show up the coach, they've just collectively pulled a Gallic shrug.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hahaha, incredible stuff. So funny. So now they'll presumably be going with Gignac up front, best of luck with that, idiots.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Domenech is the wanker's wanker; makes McClaren look like Alf Ramsey.

How has he lasted so long? Fluking a world cup final only bought Brian Ashton a year of being gash before he was handed the pearl handled revolver.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
As he wasn't even used as a sub in the last match it doesn't seem likely. I would give him a go though, he might be able to step up and do a great veteran's run as Zidane did last time around. Seems like it will be Gignac up front alone though, and he looked rubbish last time out.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Absolutely loving the French team's implosion, makes me feel slightly better about how dire England have been.

duffer

Domenech is the wanker's wanker; makes McClaren look like Alf Ramsey.

How has he lasted so long? Fluking a world cup final only bought Brian Ashton a year of being gash before he was handed the pearl handled revolver.
I hate Domenech as much as the next man but if you're going to react that way to your boss giving you constructive criticism then you need to have earnt the right to do so. We're not talking about a talismanic player telling a hopeless manager where to get off: it's an out-of-form, out-of-position, out-of-motivation **** telling a hopeless manager to **** off.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I hate Domenech as much as the next man but if you're going to react that way to your boss giving you constructive criticism then you need to have earnt the right to do so. We're not talking about a talismanic player telling a hopeless manager where to get off: it's an out-of-form, out-of-position, out-of-motivation **** telling a hopeless manager to **** off.
Obviously I don't know what was said on both sides, but it just seems indicative of the man management style of Domenech. If memory serves he once left Pires out because he didn't trust Leos (or Virgos or whatever), so I wonder if his criticism was as constructive as that.

Although, it must be said, Nicholas wasn't called The Incredible Sulk for nothing.

duffer

The Chelsea forward, who has now not recorded a shot on target in 429 consecutive minutes' play for Les Bleus, was apparently criticised by Domenech for straying out of position during a goalless first half.

Although Va te faire enculer, sale fils de pute! is the type of thing I'm considering putting in my office email sig.

edit: Apparently being reported in France that the entire squad refused to train today. Just wonderful.

edit again: Head of the French FA has resigned because he is so ashamed of the team now. Quite incredible

Last edited:

duffer

Now being reported they don't want to train because Evra got into a fight with the French fitness coach. Apparently Patrice was trying to find the "traitor"

These guys are a bunch of loons.