• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Squad Thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
1600: Breaking news: The seven England players to miss out on a World Cup place are: Leighton Baines, Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone, Scott Parker, Adam Johnson, Theo Walcott, Darren Bent.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yes, no need to criticise a Man Utd player.

Anyway, bit surprised to see Walcott left out. Find the exclusion of Darren Bent pretty hard to justify as well to be honest. I don't particularly rate him but it is hard to argue with his record. But then again, there isn't really a lot between him and Defoe imho, both of them are overated flat track bullies.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I've not defended Carrick's recent form and he's lucky to even make it. Don't see how that affects Walcott only ever one good game for England. Been good for Arsenal sure.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
huddlestone, upson, defoe, swp are all shockingly poor, lets hope none of them get a game:blink:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bent's England career was summed up quite well by the Graz scoreboard operators.

He's not up to it, and never has looked as such. At least Defoe's improved to a degree.

Cannot fathom the Carrick over anyone or SWP over one of Johnson or Walcott.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I've not defended Carrick's recent form and he's lucky to even make it. Don't see how that affects Walcott only ever one good game for England. Been good for Arsenal sure.
It's because Walcott's "one good game" is one more than Carrick's had in his career.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Better not pick Gerrard or Lampard for England either then.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Walcott's an impact sub though, that's a pretty handy element for a World Cup side. As poor as he is, and personally I really don't rate him, he's the only man in the 30 to have filled that role in the past. Only in one game this season, but over his career he's done it quite a few times. Potentially could've been England's David Odonkor.

I suppose they have Joe Cole/Aaron Lennon to come off the bench though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Am very happy that Aussie isn't here to give his opinion on the matter tbh. Should be grateful for small mercies.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am going to sit watching the WC screaming "Theo would've gotten to that" for sure.

TW14 said:
I am very disappointed not to be included but completely respect Mr Capello’s decision. I would like to wish team best of luck
Theo :wub:

Emile Heskey, striker, 58 caps 7 goals.
Rene Higuita, goalkeeper, 68 caps 8 goals.
Jose Luis Chilavert, goalkeeper, 74 caps 8 goals
Heh.