• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Uruguay can be happy with a draw, those countries at high altitude are never easy to play in, would not be a horrible result. Hak, I can guess there a lot of calls to give Dunga the arse?
There were shouts, but tbh, would be harsh on someone who's led the team to the Copa América and is yet to lose to Argentina with the full team.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
There were shouts, but tbh, would be harsh on someone who's led the team to the Copa América and is yet to lose to Argentina with the full team.
I guess so, but i read on Tim Vickery's BBC column a few weeks back that they where referin th Dunga as Brazil version of Steve Mclaren hahaha, which shows that the Brazilian football fans really don't like him.

Craig

World Traveller
Would not be surprised if he goes back to Europe in January. And I have held that opinion for quite some time as well.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Qualifying draw for Africa:

Code:
Group A		Group B		Group C		Group D		Group E
Cameroon	Nigeria		Egypt		Ghana		Ivory Coast
Morocco		Tunisia		Algeria		Mali		Guinea
Gabon		Kenya		Zambia		Benin		Burkina Faso
Togo		Mozambique	Rwanda		Sudan		Malawi
Beeb claims Egypt's group is easy, which I suppose it is on previous form - only Zambia have made it to the African Cup of Nations since 2004, and Rwanda have only managed it once. Both Algeria (knocked out Senegal) and Rwanda (beat Morocco at home) in fine form though. Kenya have been given a tough draw - Nigeria won six out of six Tunisia have a squad of European mercenaries and also draws from one of the best club sides in Africa, the Star of Sahel. Ivory Coast and Ghana both face tricky West African opposition, while Togo seems to have regressed to the mean and shouldn't bother Cameroon and Morocco.

Dates: 28 March, 6 June, 20 June, 5 September, 10 October, 14 November.

Craig

World Traveller
Diego Maradona - success or not? Don't know if he has any coaching record to his name. A big fat zero is all that I can think of.

Guess BB's hate of Argentine football went up several notches :ph34r:

(BTW Smith I knew that this was about to happen from reports in the last couple of days, I was just waiting for it to be confirmed)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Diego Maradona - success or not? Don't know if he has any coaching record to his name. A big fat zero is all that I can think of.

Guess BB's hate of Argentine football went up several notches :ph34r:

(BTW Smith I knew that this was about to happen from reports in the last couple of days, I was just waiting for it to be confirmed)
'Snot possible.

& no, he'll fall on his fat, drug-addled arsehole.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
'Snot possible.

& no, he'll fall on his fat, drug-addled arsehole.
Inclined to agree. The vast majority of players with a phenomenal amount of natural talent, like Maradona had, have never had to think about the game to any great extent, they just played and it came naturally. Would imagine Maradona will probably not know how to man-manage, or how to alter things tactically when a game is going wrong, or how to structure his defence.

Having said that, Argentina will still probably be a decent side, given the wealth of talent available to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.