• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This time, with a fit and firing squad the envy of world football, nothing will stop us as we march through the entire process from here on in without losing a game. Last night was clearly as close as anyone will get to us. Prediction for the final - Australia 7 England 0, and four years of drunkeness for our wonderful island nation to follow.

You heard it here 1st.
Are you sure the drunkenness didn't precede this post? :laugh: Gun post, it must be said, must have taken you some time!

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watched the England game at the pub with a Brazilian friend of a friend thing, he was all Brazil to win the WC! You've got to get there first mate. Dunga the new Stevie Mac?

Craig

World Traveller
Have to say I watched the Colombia - Uruguay game on Sultana, bored me to death, and the players are freaking soft. Felt like torture for mine.

And Switzerland 1-2 Luxembourg :laugh:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to say I watched the Colombia - Uruguay game on Sultana, bored me to death, and the players are freaking soft. Felt like torture for mine.

And Switzerland 1-2 Luxembourg :laugh:
Add Colombia and Switzerland to my list in the earlier post - Gone!!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've not read any match reports, or seen any highlights, but I am guessing that Lithuania scored more goals

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure if Scotland should have a team, hardly the mark of pride they want it to be.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Ethiopia have been disqualified due to government involvement in their FA. Revised group 8 table:

Code:
Rwanda                4  3  0  1   7-3     9
--------------------------------------------
Morocco               3  2  0  1   7-4     6
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Mauritania            3  0  0  3   1-8     0
Rwanda are through to the next round. Morocco are through unless they mess up royally against Mauritania.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Possibly the worst* miss I have ever seen
*Best. The miss by which all other misses will now be judged against.

Was watching in the boozer ahead of our game and the whole pub went quiet. I don't think anyone could quite believe what we'd seen. I just assumed there'd been a flag for offside or something, but no. A very special moment. It's a cliche, but in this case it really was easier to score.

Meanwhile, Cashley? A sqaure ball blind across your own goal? That's ****ing schoolboy stuff. Lucky Kazaks were merde aside from their little no 7.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, the only miss as good/bad I can remember is Scott Taylor V Ipswich for us in the Cup in 99. Will dig it out.

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah, the only miss as good/bad I can remember is Scott Taylor V Ipswich for us in the Cup in 99. Will dig it out.
What about Kanu's miss for West Brom a few years back? That was quite comical, managed to sky it from 2m in front of the bix. This callls for a thread!

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Kanu's was worse definitely. In other news, managed to beat Mexico so qualification is still possible.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Did Goodison have a good game? I hope you're happy, his selection was the direct cause for our capitulation yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.