View Poll Results: Which tournament do you prefer?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • IPL

7 16.67%
  • T20 WC

35 83.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IPL > Twenty20 WC?

Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    - Pakistani players! Some of the best T20 players unable to play in the IPL for now and maybe for the forseeable future.
    T20 >>> Tests then ? Because it has been a while since we have seen Pakistani players play Test matches.

i will take international cricket 100 times over IPL..

No mater how much they try to be competative.. in my opinion IPL could never ever be as competative as

ret
    I haven't watched a full game in the WC yet except for the Eng vs Ind which was like a knock out game for Ind .... on the other hand, I tried to watch as many games I could in IPL
    Fastest gun in town

the champions league will change everyones opinion, in the end. because that'll make the tournments to compete in that league, more interesting so the epl,ipl and the soon to be launch spl will take on a whole new compitative challenge never seen before in cricket at a fanchise/domestic level...

I enjoyed both the IPL's a lot more than the T20 WC, and the reason behind is it simple, IPL is not just about cricket, its a complete entertainment package, as there is so much else going on beyond cricket, its also fun to follow your favorite cricketers from the past and see them doing well, having said that the level of cricket that has been played in both the IPL's have been top notch, and eventually that has been the prime reason, why IPL has been such big success.

Of course one also feels more involved in the IPL, if you follow one of the teams passionately, and its no surprise that my interest in the IPL season 2 diminished the moment the Royals were knocked out.

Cricket Spectator
    To me it is IPL. I enjoyed it much more. Not sure exactly why. I was just totally engrossed even though I'm not an Indian and did not support any of the IPL teams. I'm also enjoying T20 WC but not as much. May be after one month of IPL I got little jaded with T20.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    T20 >>> Tests then ? Because it has been a while since we have seen Pakistani players play Test matches.
    Nope, for me T20 = tests in terms of the enjoyment I get out of them, although I enjoy them in different ways.

And it's not that long since Pakistan played tests, and it's not long until they will do so again, anyway. Though yes, it would be better if they played more.

For me, IPL is going a bit like the Premiership football, and the WC like the world cup. IPL is about how much money you have, and includes absolutely loads of posturing and oneupmanship. The world cup is about talent and is more about the actual play.

IPL 1 and T20WC 1 were class tournaments. Both second editions have been pretty mediocre for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    IPL 1 and T20WC 1 were class tournaments. Both second editions have been pretty mediocre for mine.
    I feel quality of cricket in this addition has been better then the first one. The bowling has been just outstanding Gul,Ajmal,Afridii,Malinga,Mendis,Murali,Steyn and Parnell have just givin the best exhibition of T-20 bowling you could ever wish to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    I so want Wasim Akram to join Chennai SuperKings and show the world that he could be an abolute king of the bowlers in another format even at this age.
    Do you really think so at 43 being out of top level cricket for 5+ years already? Would certainly be interesting.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Do you really think so at 43 being out of top level cricket for 5+ years already? Would certainly be interesting.
    I saw him play 1 ball before each of the T20 matches the other day in that 'first ball' competition. Looked quite cool on the pitch in his jeans and sunnies, and clipped a nice shot for 4.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    AWTA... Juz seems something is not right.

Also playing in South Africa in September means the ball swings crazy in the nights and that just makes games so much more interesting, esp. T20s as both innings happens in the night time.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    For some reason I've enjoyed the IPL so much more than the two T20 world championships. I honestly can't put my finger on it, logic should dictate that with so many better players and without Indian filler the International stuff should be a lot more enjoyable. But for me at least, it hasn't been and I personally find the IPL a lot more engrossing.

Is it just me or does anyone else (that has watched enough of both tournaments) feel the same way?
    Are the timezones more awkward for the WT20? Anything to do with Bangalore and Australia's relative success?

For me there's no comparison. I found the IPL extremely dull this time round. I didn't expect it to make any difference, but the tactical break made it all but unwatchable for me. Difficult to care about any of the teams too. Even putting Ireland aside, it's much easier to identify with countries, especially if you know a lot of people from them. CW is a lot better too because nearly everyone has a team.

That's before even getting on to the actual content. The cricket itself has been a lot more entertaining IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Are the timezones more awkward for the WT20? Anything to do with Bangalore and Australia's relative success?

For me there's no comparison. I found the IPL extremely dull this time round. I didn't expect it to make any difference, but the tactical break made it all but unwatchable for me. Difficult to care about any of the teams too. Even putting Ireland aside, it's much easier to identify with countries, especially if you know a lot of people from them. CW is a lot better too because nearly everyone has a team.

That's before even getting on to the actual content. The cricket itself has been a lot more entertaining IMO.
    awta. The quality of cricket especially bowling has been on a completely different level.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    awta. The quality of cricket especially bowling has been on a completely different level.
    Thanks to Pak bowlers in part for that.

This year's IPL could have been much better if the Pak players had played in it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 16-08-2012, 03:13 AM

Thread Information