• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Final Discussion

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thu Jun 18
17:30 local | 16:30 GMT 1st Semi-Final - TBC v TBC (E1 v F2)
Trent Bridge, Nottingham

Fri Jun 19
17:30 local | 16:30 GMT 2nd Semi-Final - TBC v TBC (F1 v E2)
Kennington Oval, London

Sun Jun 21
15:00 local | 14:00 GMT Final - TBC v TBC
Lord's, London

shivfan

Banned
Hopefully:

NZ vs. West Indies
Pakistan vs. RSA
Just as long as we don't have to play against the 3Ms....
:cool:
Funnily enough, at the start of the competition, cricinfo had a poll where they asked voters who they thought was best placed to win the world 20/20 champs, and offered only five options - England, Australia, India, Pakistan and South Africa. There was no mention of Sri Lanka, West Indies and New Zealand!
:laugh:
Just goes to show how much these cricinfo 'experts' know....
:unsure:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
So assuming South Africa don't get thumped, we're looking at

South Africa vs Pakistan
Sri Lanka vs West Indies

pasag

RTDAS
Would be nice if anyone bar South Africa won it. Sri Lanka vs Pakistan final would be interesting from a dramatic pov with the shootings earlier this year and all.

Smith

Banned
Want Pakistan to win tbh. Would be a huge boost to their sagging cricket and good for the world.

gvenkat

State Captain
Just as long as we don't have to play against the 3Ms....
:cool:
Funnily enough, at the start of the competition, cricinfo had a poll where they asked voters who they thought was best placed to win the world 20/20 champs, and offered only five options - England, Australia, India, Pakistan and South Africa. There was no mention of Sri Lanka, West Indies and New Zealand!
:laugh:
Just goes to show how much these cricinfo 'experts' know....
:unsure:
Looks More like WI-SL.. Hmm thats going to be tough for the windies. But if they can put a total on board and ask the Lankans to chase it could be a different ball game..

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
I fancy Sri Lanka.

South Africa are the best T20 team in the world, but with the 3 M's plus Dilshan, Jayasuriya and Sangakarra all batting well- it isn't a given.

South Africa will pwn Pakistan. I think it will be embarassing with only Umar Gul coming out with any credit.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It will either be a thrashing by South Africa or SA will lose. Depends entirely on which Pakistan shows up.

Lostman

State Captain
SL/Yarp final sets it up nicely for a proper, old-fashioned saffie choke, just like mother used to make.
If it is a SF/Pak semi it would be at Trent bridge. Even Dilshan a part-timer was getting some spin. I'd like Pakistan's chances especially with the way Afridi has been bowling to choke SF.

AaronK

State Regular
I think South Africa is going to destroy the weak Pakistani bating lind up.. their batsmans have struggled throughout the tournment.. Facing such a strong bowling line up of South Africa.. i don't think they could win..so my money is on South Africa..

shanmuga1980

Cricket Spectator
south africa or west indies should lift the cup.

I hate to see it in the hands of the pakis or the lankans. they dont deserve it:@