• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Final Discussion

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith gone.

Amazed that comparison at the end of the fifth over was 42-2 to 39/0. When Pakistan were batting they gave the impression they were belting the bowlers all over the place. Smith and Kallis score just as quickly but barely seem to be attacking.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow. Pitch is offering plenty of assistance, should be really tough if Pakistan bowl well.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure what Gibbs was doing bending down to pick up the ball after he got bowled. Probably just a bit stunned.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was that the wrong 'un or the top spinner?

Hersch left a big old gate for it to go through anyway.
I think it was the leg-break. It just happened to go the other way off a crack or something. Seems bizarre, but it looks more like the leg break every time I see it. Definitely wasn't a topspinner, if it was a googly it was the most well-disguised one of all time.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Interesting thing - Afridi has scored over a 1000 test runs @ 37 with 5 hundreds. Also has about 40 wickets @ about 34.

Dissector

International Debutant
South Africa's world cup history must be flashing in their collective mind. Someone will have to step up and play a great knock if history is going to be re-written. And yes how amazing is Afridi. I would love to see him in test cricket in his current form; he is looking like a class attacking bowler with a lot of variation and subtlety (!!).

R_D

International Debutant
Pakistan need to get Kallis soon.

South African fans must be feeling just a little nervous..... they know where this road leads to know.. been there too many times.