Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Finals and Final Discussion

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Well done to Pakistan, and to Sri Lanka for that matter.

Especially nice to see those two sides play the final, given events earlier this year.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Well done to Pakistan on a fantastic game and tournament. They played wonderfully well today and thoroughly deserved to win. This is a fantastic result for Pakistan Cricket and World Cricket in general and credit has to go to Younis Khan and the rest of the team for playing so well.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Nice of Younis to dedicate this win to Woolmer. This one's for you Bob. We miss you.

Very happy for Younis, deserves it.

Weird championship huh? Who would have thought Pakistan would have won? Not even their biggest fans would have predicted this from the outset.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Images of the reaction in Pakistan.

99*
    Congrats Pakistan, well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey
    She tells me the thing will flatten out, I say "Like your chest?" Bad mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post

Last night was tough for me to watch. I didn't want Pakistan to win as theywere our "rivals" so to speak,and Lanka winning would mean all my Lankan mates (a lot of them) would never live it down.

But after seeing those pics I'm chuffed for Pakistani fans. If they felt anything like I felt when India won last time then it's awesome for them considering the situation in their country now. Hilarious that so many people wrote themoff pre-tournament. They were something like 13-4(?) in T20's going in, never write them off.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Very happy for Younis, deserves it.

Weird championship huh? Who would have thought Pakistan would have won? Not even their biggest fans would have predicted this from the outset.
    Can you really 'predict' anything with Pakistan? They probably play their best cricket when the expectation on their team is minimal.

Well done to them though, i doubt too many teams had the kind of talent to beat the 2 most clinical sides in SA and SL back to back the way they did. IMO they had a far more balanced 'team' than SL as I mentioned before and I am glad that they won not to mention that cricket is a better sport for having these unpredictable and capricious talents than it would be without them. A consistent Pakistan would probably be the most boring thing in the world and its really what sets them apart.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Well done to Pakistan.

Almost the perfect T20 performance against a very solid outfit in Sri Lanka. Afridi and Ajmal proved again to be the most dominating spin-twin combination in T20 cricket. Incredible ability for the two of them to put the brakes on every innings and simply hustle through 8 combined overís in no time.

Afridi is indeed an enigma with the bat, maybe only comes off one year in every three. But he has won Pakistan a T20 world cup, dangerous cricketer now he demands selection more for his spin bowling ability.

Quality end to a pretty decent tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post

Just shows how much India and Pak are alike as far as cricket is concerned.

Pakistan started getting better and better as the tournament progressed imo and really became the best side in the competition when the semi final was over. Then, it was just a matter of carrying that momentum for another 40 overs on the finals. Deserving champions.

Awesome pictures Fusion.

Congratulations Pakistan, it is good to see them get some success, after what happened earlier this year. They and their millions of fans deserve this.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Excellent cricket from Pakistan in the finals... Thoroughly outplayed perhaps the best side in the competition till the finals in Sri Lanka in almost every facet of the game.

Sri Lanka lost it in their batting, afaic... 138 is never enough even with THAT bowling attack. That said, Pakistan were chasing in a big cup final and the rpessure could have told on them. Great props to them on batting so sensibly, esp. Afridi.. Who would have thought he, of all people, would play such a sensible knock...

Excellent display from these guys and congratulations to the Pakistan team and all pakistan supporters here.. Most of you guys are a credit to not just your country but to the entire cricket fans community and here's to your enjoyment and health. May cricket always have a healthy and thriving Pakistan team...

BTW, with dialogues being started again between India and Pakistan, there is a good chance that their isolation might come down a few levels. If the governments are talking, I am sure the cricket boards will get on well too (they always have) and we might see their players in next year's IPL at least... All things moving in the right direction,even if they are moving slowly..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Could anyone give me a heads-up as to whether Mohammed Aamir is actually 17 or not? I know that the ages given by the PCB aren't always 100% accurate, but if they are, then he is a seriously good bowler for a 17 year-old. Stick him in our u-17s league and you could guarantee he'd get 9 or more wickets every game.
    I think some of the younger lot are much closer to their original ages especially those who have come through age level competitions.

Congratulation Pakistan!!
    For me, it's like you have taken the Cup back from India to whom you had gifted it, last time. So, it's just poetic justice that Pakistan should win this time. It's also the best thing to boost the morale of both the team and the people of Pakistan.
    the real cricket-fan

Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread Information