• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Final Discussion

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Ab Kya Misaal DooN maiN Tumhare Qabiliyat ki.....Allah Talah Tumhari Bulandi Aise hi Qayam Rakhe..

Roughly in English - What else can I say about ability..May God always keep your spirits high

Urdu samaghta bhi hoon aur aap ki ghaltian bhi nikaal sakta hoon,

Qabliyat is not Ability, its capacity or caliber in a positive way.

Ability translates to Salahiat.

High Spirits refers to Jazba and not quite Bulandi.

Bulandi translates to height in physical terms.

Your desperate attempt at writing scholarly Urdu only proved that its not me who suffers from identity crisis.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Urdu samaghta bhi hoon aur aap ki ghaltian bhi nikaal sakta hoon,

Qabliyat is not Ability, its capacity or caliber in a positive way.

Ability translates to Salahiat.

High Spirits refers to Jazba and not quite Bulandi.

Bulandi translates to height in physical terms.

Your desperate attempt at writing scholarly Urdu only proved that its not me who suffers from identity crisis.
Firstly I did say it was a 'rough translation' of what I meant. And secondly I am sorry my friend but I am not wrong even though I never claimed myself as a scholar of Urdu or English. My first sentence was a Rip Off of Md. Rafi Sahab's immortal song ' Ab Kya Misaal Doon main Tumhare Shabaab Ki', Obviously I haven't seen your 'Shabaab' to say what kind of Misaal it can be considered so I replaced it with Qaabiliyat.

ability definition | Dictionary.com

a⋅bil⋅i⋅ty

 /əˈbɪl
ɪ
ti/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-bil-i-tee] Show IPA Use ability in a Sentence

–noun, plural -ties. 1. power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc. 2. competence in an activity or occupation because of one's skill, training, or other qualification: the ability to sing well. 3. abilities, talents; special skills or aptitudes: Composing music is beyond his abilities.
Synonyms:

1. capability;

UrduWord.com - Translation of Ability

Ability
noun
qaabliyat
Email
Correction
Ability
noun
salaahiyat

Lastly I can not believe that a young Pakistani does not understand the meaning of Jazba. Jazba means 'Passion' and I am sure any one with any kind of Urdu knowledge can confirm that. Anyways, Good Luck with whatever you do.