• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Final Discussion

gvenkat

State Captain
They are the best bowling T20 bowling team around (yes, better than both SA and SL) .
You must be kidding. Did they bowl to any strong teams.. The only decent team they bowled to took 185 off them.. SL are by far the best attack. Pakistan will be "trashed" by the Saffers.

Fusion

Global Moderator
No one expected Pak to go this far, esp after their first-game loss. So I won't count out the Green Shirts just yet. They are the best bowling T20 bowling team around (yes, better than both SA and SL) and their batting/fielding is starting to come together. If they hold their own during the first 6 overs of both innings, they'll have a serious chance of beating the mighty Proteas.
I actually give a slight edge to SA in the bowling department, but even if we call that a tossup, SA’s batting is far superior to ours. Malik and Misbah are still out of form, Afridi has just started to show signs of improvement, and Razzaq just came back into the team. The only consistent batsman we’ve had in the entire tournament is Younis. Anything can happen, especially in this format, but SA are firm favorites.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Intikhab Alam was the Coach/manager of World Cup winning team in 1992, He is the coach of this team. 2 Good performance and perhaps little bit of luck, we might see History repeating itself for this man.

J-Essence

Cricket Spectator
Is he the first Khan since the Great one to captain Pakistan ?
he is the first Khan that is a "Pathan" after imran khan. traditionally Khan is a last name inhereted by pukhtuns but in pakistan many urdu people have started using it. Imran khan and younis khan are both pure pathans. younis is the second pathan to captain the pakistan team after imran khan if i am not mistaken.

irfan

State Captain
Without Gayle Windies scored 177 against Lanka. If any Windies are better prepared to handle 3M(Gayle,Sars and Shiv). Udana is just an ordinary bowler.. Kulasekara is better. West Indies's best chance is to bat first score 160-170. Sri Lanka have not chased against a decent attack this tournament and if they are put udner pressure and Dilsshan goes early.. they are in trouble.. The aussies attack was over-rated, lets not take them in to consideration.

If windies are chasing, they will have to play out of their skins to win the game. It will be a close contest and I expect Windiesto pull this off.
Everyone has had trouble picking his slower ball though (not sure why?), granted the rest of his repertoire is rubbish. Get Maharoof in there, useful limited overs bowler and can tonk a few in the middle-lower order.

gvenkat

State Captain
Everyone has had trouble picking his slower ball though (not sure why?), granted the rest of his repertoire is rubbish. Get Maharoof in there, useful limited overs bowler and can tonk a few in the middle-lower order.
Wait till Christopher Henry Gayle Mauls him... :)

Xuhaib

International Coach
Not sure why comparisons with 92 are being drawn in 92 we had the 3 greatest cricketers in Pakistan cricket history playing and contributing and then there were the young Inzi's, Mushy's and Moin's to provide the support. This side is not even a patch on class of 92.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Not sure why comparisons with 92 are being drawn in 92 we had the 3 greatest cricketers in Pakistan cricket history playing and contributing and then there were the young Inzi's, Mushy's and Moin's to provide the support. This side is not even a patch on class of 92.
Haha yeah the '92 comparisons gave me a chuckle as well. That team consisted of players that had carried the Pakistan team for years and others who carried us for well over a decade after, and a man who was already hailed as one of the best captain's ever. This lot doesn't compare.

shivfan

Banned
he is the first Khan that is a "Pathan" after imran khan. traditionally Khan is a last name inhereted by pukhtuns but in pakistan many urdu people have started using it. Imran khan and younis khan are both pure pathans. younis is the second pathan to captain the pakistan team after imran khan if i am not mistaken.
Very interesting....

Thanks for that, and welcome, mate!
:)

Xuhaib

International Coach
Comparisons

Smith>>>Shazaib
Kallis>Misbah
Gibbs=Younis
AB>Malik
Duminy>Fawad
Morkel=Razzaq
Boucher<Akmal
Van der Merva=Afridi
Botha=Ajmal
Parnell>Aamir
Steyn<Gul

*For this tournament only.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Should deffo have Maharoof or Kulasekera over Udana, who looks next to useless, it's only a matter of time before ppl work out his slower ball then he's screwed.

Apparently Gibbs is working on a new shot which should be interesting.

Would love to see the WI or SL win it, but unless M&M really bamboozle the Saffers can't see it happening.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
No comparison was made, just certain coincidence was mentioned.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
why? being loyal to the country iam in, makes me an LTTE sympathizer? i am not the type to spit on the country that feeds me. no matter where my origins are, I would support britain and its friendly states like australia and south africa.
Your grudges with Pakistan is well documented. It's a natural Indian reaction not to support Pakistan. I have no problems you being a loyal Indian, but just keep it there. My self being a loyal Lankan I am not thrashing British that they don't deserve something. Sri Lanka have been a friendly state of India more than Australia, Britain or South Africa. When all impossible things are taken out of the equation, the possible thing will be left. And that is you are an LTTE / terrorist sympathizer. There are no enemies for SL other than terrorists and the states that support them.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
one of them cheated in this very tournament and the other has two chuckers, malinga and murali.
On the criteria you use Ishant Sharma and Zaheer Khan also chucks. I am not going to even mention a particular spinner who bowls in long sleeves and bats in short sleeves.